DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal recal

windless

Reactions
Today while flying my controller started to read gimbal overload error. I was using a ND32 lens so landed and rechecked clearance. The problem with gimbal has occurred before but usually fixed by restarting. This time it was not the case so I removed the lens and restarted again, but still had the same issue.
Once home I started the drone and the camera went to the down position and would not move. I have re-downloaded the latest firm ware and calibrated the craft twice. I have attempted to re-calibrate the gimbal but that keeps failing after 5%.
Any suggestions????

History on your ac? Time in the air..............

Today while flying my controller started to read gimbal overload error. I was using a ND32 lens so landed and rechecked clearance. The problem with gimbal has occurred before but usually fixed by restarting. This time it was not the case so I removed the lens and restarted again, but still had the same issue.
Once home I started the drone and the camera went to the down position and would not move. I have re-downloaded the latest firm ware and calibrated the craft twice. I have attempted to re-calibrate the gimbal but that keeps failing after 5%.
Any suggestions????

Hi; for what it’s worth I’ve just been through the same nightmare as well. My Mavic had also not been crashed and had hardly been flown. I could not get the gimbal to re-calibrate - it stuck at 5%. The cost of a full gimbal/camera/cable repair was scary, as was the limited subsequent warrant period. I therefore went at it myself. First I replaced the cable - no joy. Then bought a replacement gimbal & cable for about £30 off eBay. Not much better although the gimbal seemed to be more free. Then replaced the cable with the one that I had originally bought - bingo! Now works fine! The bottom line is that the Mavic gimbal appears to be a very weak point, that often goes wrong, and gimbal overload messages are common. For me, once I’d given up all hope of it being a transitory fault, replacing the gimbal motor assembly and cable did the job. Total cost about £40, rather than about £200 for a repair. It’s a fiddly job, but there are some good videos on YouTube. Good luck!! PS: I don’t claim to be an expert on these things!

Sorry should of replied sooner.
some one suggested blasting with compressed air to make sure no grit.
miraculously it worked had no trouble since.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave Cleverley