DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal replacement

stefan2211

Reactions
Hi guys, need yr feedback. Crashed my air and broke the gimbal holder 2nd time. Received info from dji dealer that a new gimbal set with cam and cables would give a "camera error"message after replacement. Went online with CJI official online help but they are reluctant to answer. Said they do not encourage to fix yrself and they only can comment on software issues in this chat. GREAT SUPPORT.
So my question here. If I replace a complete set either myself or by DJI dealer. Will I face the error message? Any one replaced his gimbal before? Thanks guys.

Btw. History of this problem. Crashed my air and the gimbal holder (plastic in silicon dampers) broke. Had no time to wait for spares and used super glue to fix it. Worked well until my second crash where it broke again. Wanted to change the gimbal holder with the new spare but the super glue glued the plastic holder to the aluminum (where the 2 scews are) and I cant remove the plastic remains anymore (too strong bonded). Cam and gimbal are fully functioning but I stuck with the removal of the plastic.
Best tutorial for marvic air teardown here: In German but excellent:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Regards Stefan

Attachments

• Gimbal holder.jpg
    Gimbal holder.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • Gimbal.jpg
    Gimbal.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads