DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal ribban replaced, gimbal and camera dead..

Borgmarvall

Reactions
First of all. Hi! New to posting in this forum but have spent quite some time reading... can’t really find any sulution to my predicament though...

So, crashed because of beeing stupid. Gimbal ribbon broken. Gimbal not moving but had video feed. Ordered new ribbon and replaced according to various YouTube videos.
Now gimbal still not moving and NO video feed.
Gah! Made it worse.
I have removed gimbal again and checked connectors and they all seem to be snapped in to place. Was really careful with the thin video cables and can’t find anything broken or damaged. The Mavic starts up and does not say anything about the gimbal not working.

Need advice. Located in Sweden and have no DJI refresh..(not valid here)

Did you earth yourself before touching the bits inside like the camera / gimbal PCB
Hi there and thanks for replying. Yes I did. Same way as when fiddling with computers and other electronics, tapping the radiator ( big chunk of cast iron, hooked up to the city heating system. usually considered “good enough” over here)

Update.
Never found out what was wrong. Managed to get insurance to cover the cost for a new mavic. :)

What was probably wrong and happens to rookies is when you unplug the main gimbal board and disconect the small white two wire power plug it easily breaks at the board under the white gell and when you reasemble you then have no power to the gimbal board or gimbal making you think that the flex leads arnt connected properly.

Well I checked those connections visually and with a meter and there's power to the board. The board is getting really hot. I am not sure if that's normal or not. I think my next step is to replace that board. I should have just used my care refresh.

what is the best YouTube should i use to replace the gimbal flat cable ?

Thanks, I wish I could be sure it's the board. The forward sensors still work. I'm just not getting any power to camera or gimbal after replaced ribbon. I don't even get te

Thanks, I wish I could be sure it's the board. The forward sensors still work. I'm just not getting any power to camera or gimbal after replaced ribbon. I don't even get te

I have this same problem...had to replace the ribbon cable AND the braided camera cable (LVDS?)...I had video feed before replacing those cables, but now the gimbal and camera just seem dead...I get a "camera sensor" error and the gimbal doesn't even show up in settings.

That black/white power connector looks fine...I don't have a meter with me right now to check the voltage. I also double-checked all the connections...all seem fine.

My forward sensors ARE working...does that mean the gimbal PCB is getting power?

You might want to contact DJI. I believe that there is a relapse of the drone software needed after gimbal replacement.

I dont think if he just replaced the ribbon cable AND the braided camera cable? I dont know when software tweaking needed. Replaced gimbal arm, ribbon and camera over year ago, worked fine just from that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpknight