DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal roll required after Polar Pro lens filter?

AwesoM

Reactions
Hello, has anyone had to align the gimbal after putting on a lens filter? I noticed that in horizon it is leaning one way or the other. I'm using the Polar Pro cinema series.

Have you tried calibrating the gimbal with the filter on? I don't have any filters myself but this is the first thing I would try

Reactions: jointeffort
Let me know what you find because I will need to invest in some filters for the summer! :)
I played with the filters this evening right before sunset, it was pretty cool. Need to play with it more.... check this out DJI_0068.JPG

I am using the PolarPro Cinema Series Vivid and have had no issues. Does the horizon go back to level when you take the filter off?

I am using the PolarPro Cinema Series Vivid and have had no issues. Does the horizon go back to level when you take the filter off?

Hi @Robert Granata yes it does. do you have to recalibrate each time? do you have issues taking it off after? It is pretty tight and I worry i will damage the gimbal given how fragile it is.

Hi @Robert Granata yes it does. do you have to recalibrate each time? do you have issues taking it off after? It is pretty tight and I worry i will damage the gimbal given how fragile it is.

These filters should be install and fly, you should not need to recalibrate anything.
If you want to shoot me an email : [email protected] I would be happy to take a look at your comparison pics and help get you dialed in.
Regarding installation:
1. Flip the mavic over
2. Support the gimbal with your left hand
3. Remove the filter with your right hand
This way you are always supporting the gimbal. Some users like to put the gimbal lock on as well.

-Jeff

These filters should be install and fly, you should not need to recalibrate anything.
If you want to shoot me an email : [email protected] I would be happy to take a look at your comparison pics and help get you dialed in.
Regarding installation:
1. Flip the mavic over
This way you are always supporting the gimbal. Some users like to put the gimbal lock on as well.

-Jeff
Thanks Jeff. Let me work with it for a bit and I will get back with you.

Thanks Jeff. Let me work with it for a bit and I will get back with you.
Regarding installation:
1. Flip the mavic over

-Jeff

Like Jeff said only I "walk" the filters off (step 3). A couple of millimeters on one side then the same on the opposite side and they come right off (fingernails help). Also it seems the more I use them the easier they are to remove. Maybe I'm just used to it, but it seems they are no where near as difficult to take off now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix