DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Screaming

ANSWER = You need to replace just your mavic ribbon cable for the gimbal. This will fix it. It does this when you overload the gimbal motors and create a short in the wire. You may have left the gimbal clamp on a few times and don't want to admit it or crashed a few times putting stress on the wire or your are just really unlucky.
Here are the BEST videos on the web on how to do the work yourself.
Removing the gimbal video is this link.
Removing the gimbal ribbon cable video is this link.

I had the same issue and I fixed it.

I want to also say to everyone, be REAL CAREFUL installing ribbon cable because .... haha... I ruined a cable when installing it by pressing down on the places where it has stickers to help hold it in place and folding it too tight at the fold lines.
I know I had messed it up because the screech did not go away and the motors got really HOT. SO... I replaced the ribbon AGAIN and it was finally Fixed. Don't fold the ribbon cable too tight. you should only fold enough to get it to fit without getting in the way of the gimbals movement. Baby it! Use a feather to install it! joking about the feather but the cable is sooo thin that any kind of pressure on it WILL creat another short in the wire. The cables are really cheap. Also if the motors are really ruined, I think you can replace the gimbal part (just the motors,) for 50 bucks.

Reactions: wcsilva
It has over time stopped during calibration sooner and sooner to the point where it now stops at this point and will not continue unless I manually move the gimbal myself. Short answer is no it will not complete initialization. I just removed the gimbal and am finding what appears to be dried dirty water (from my sweet underwater drone video in the mud puddle no doubt, I guess it didn't exactly survive). I've replaced the ribbon cable and the camera wire successfully before, but someone had mentioned never hearing of a motor replacement so I'm not sure what my options are? Is there someone out there that has the parts or is willing to fix? I wonder if giving it a thorough cleaning would remedy the motor? WAHHHHH my drone is once again shelved!

Did you record any footage when you had this issue and if so was it vibrating? I could potentially have a similar issue, my drone sounds kinda like that and calibration fails at 30 odd %. It's never been crashed though.

Does anyone know where to get this fixed in Australia?

Thanks

Did you record any footage when you had this issue and if so was it vibrating? I could potentially have a similar issue, my drone sounds kinda like that and calibration fails at 30 odd %. It's never been crashed though.

Does anyone know where to get this fixed in Australia?

Thanks

DJI Melbourne :)

:) I took it to their stall and the guy there didn't have a clue, said everything looked ok with it.
I can send it to their service centre though. My issue is, I bought it off someone online and the store informed me it's a Chinese unit (I had no idea how to tell) meaning it would have to be sent back to China for repair.... trying to avoid that if possible.

You have nothing to lose by sending it to their service center except for the postage. You can start an online repair request. Melbourne has the fastest turnaround time of any DJI service center. They will tell you if it's covered.

I'm having the same issue but haven't crashed it, may have had a slight bit of rain tho. Any ideas for me also here is a video.

I’m dealing with the same noise right now also. I have replaced everything. Started with a incomplete calibration issue, now stuck at 5% after literally replacing everything including the ribbons coming from the main (bottom) board, with this screaming secada noise. Gonna try one more gimbal ribbon and see what happens..

I’m dealing with the same noise right now also. I have replaced everything. Started with a incomplete calibration issue, now stuck at 5% after literally replacing everything including the ribbons coming from the main (bottom) board, with this screaming secada noise. Gonna try one more gimbal ribbon and see what happens..
Note: Previous post in this thread is over three years old.

@Chewbacca where did you purchase the new ribbon cable from? I think I need to replace mine on my Mavic air 2.

I usually get them on amazon, ebay at times. I keep a few in stock since it is the weakest link to the MP's gimbal assembly! Be leary of some that are priced way too low. I've been shipped some before that had small tears in the ribbon ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123