DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Sensitivity Issue (After 0460 Update)

SLFunction

Reactions
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker first time poster. Haven't seen a thread regarding this issue (unless I missed it) and I wanted to
see if anyone else was experiencing this problem or if I'm going crazy.

Updated the firmware on my Mavic Air 2 a few days ago and took her out yesterday and something just felt "off."

Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0460
Remote Firmware: 02.00.1101

While flying, I toggled my remote to "Tripod Mode" and noticed that it was now called "Cinesmooth."
Tried moving the drone left/right and it would not budge, only ascend/descend. Switched to Sport and same issue.
Switched back to Normal mode and it reacted "normally" so I brought the drone back asap.

Came home to try and see if the settings were reverted so I messed with the "Advanced Gimbal Setting."
Here's where the issue starts. Regardless of what "mode" I select on the remote, the gimbal's sensitivity will
always act as if it is in "Normal" mode.

Basically, regardless of my different sensitivity settings for the Gimbal via the DJI Fly app (pitch speed is all I tested; indoors),
my remote controller's toggle selection doesn't seem to change anything, it's stuck on Normal Mode.
Likewise, I'll adjust the pitch speed in "Normal Mode" to the lowest setting and flip the remote to sport mode and it will
be hardstuck on "Normal" settings.

Pretty sure this wasn't the case pre-update... anyone else having this issue?

Not sure if my phone is the issue, but I doubt it? S20 Ultra... all apps are up to date.

Anyone have any advice or experienced the same issue? The drone is fairly new (only 15-25 short flights) so I can't
imagine anything is mechanically wrong. This has to be a software issue, right??

I wonder what wasn't broken that they "fixed"? I also have to wonder what code they use for the MA2 that they copy/paste into the Mini 2? I have to guess that part of the strategy for the Mini 2 was to eliminate as much duplicate work and unique manufacturing as possible, using the exact same controller as the MA2.

Reactions: Tony McDrone
I wonder what wasn't broken that they "fixed"? I also have to wonder what code they use for the MA2 that they copy/paste into the Mini 2? I have to guess that part of the strategy for the Mini 2 was to eliminate as much duplicate work and unique manufacturing as possible, using the exact same controller as the MA2.
Yeah a bit disappointed after the update. I've had zero problems since purchasing, this is the first hiccup. I'll try again in a few days and update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie