DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal shake error then smoke!

YESNO

Reactions
Hi all
Anybody else that experience this? My drone more than a year old... No problemo.. Started giving gimble shake error.. Restarted and problem solved. Did the calibrations also. Went out to fly today. Started up... on ground with only power on started to shake... Powered off and on again. Then smoke! I switched off and pulled batt.. Now to scered to switch on again. No crashes at all!
Eish [emoji22]

Was at the gimbal itself. Did a lot of research on the net after it happened and it looks like I'm not alone on this one... Some other guy had the same problem... Happens that the "gibal ribbon" gets worked out from time to time depending on the amount of flight time etc... Smoke is the housing of the wire that is worn out and short circuit... Hope this is my problem as well and not to replace the gimbal...

Hi all
Anybody else that experience this? My drone more than a year old... No problemo.. Started giving gimble shake error.. Restarted and problem solved. Did the calibrations also. Went out to fly today. Started up... on ground with only power on started to shake... Powered off and on again. Then smoke! I switched off and pulled batt.. Now to scered to switch on again. No crashes at all!
Eish [emoji22]

I would try to recalibrate the gimbal in the DJI go 4 app. If it fails, service it

Reactions: YESNO
Every electronic device runs on smoke. They only install a certain amount of smoke in it. Once the smoke leaks out.....it done.
Seriously I hope you find your problem and happy flying.

Every electronic device runs on smoke. They only install a certain amount of smoke in it. Once the smoke leaks out.....it done.
Seriously I hope you find your problem and happy flying.

And the corollary is: If you could discover a way to put the smoke back in, you'd be a bazillionaire.

i guess the burning question is was that the long and the short of all the smoke

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d