DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Shake Error

Canuckoholic

Reactions
So I crashed my Mavic. Now got a Gimbal Shake error. I read through others that have this problem but couldn't find a solution.

It shakes immediately upon takeoff. I saw a YouTube video that the gimbal connection might have gone under the Last clamp so I did those steps with no luck

: (

I had abnormal gimbal vibration warning ended up returning to dji for a solution. cost $190usd.

Are you getting this as an error message in DJI Go? Make sure your gimbal plate has all the rubber bands connected and the tabs are under the front of the body. Also make sure the plate is under the L bracket as shown in the picture.

View attachment 16132
View attachment 16131

Thank you for the very clear picture. The plate was indeed over the L bracket. I had figured it backwards and thought that was fine. I think my gimbal is fixed. Thanks!

Reactions: Oconnb910
So no dice. I tried to do a Gimbal Calibration and it got stuck at 26%, just kept on shaking ...

: (

Here's a screenshot of where it got stuck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170629-163807.png
    Screenshot_20170629-163807.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 58
Do you get the same issue after restarting the Mavic? In other words, does it do this multiple times after restart? The same results?
IMU calibration may be required here.

Do you get the same issue after restarting the Mavic? In other words, does it do this multiple times after restart? The same results?
IMU calibration may be required here.

SO I took the Mavic camping and had the same problems and more;

- Gimbal shakes nearly 90% of time
- Sound coming from Mavic continues (I've recorded the sound and attached it here). It starts as soon as its turned on
- After 20 seconds of idle power on the fan kicks in
- Bottom of Mavic feels hot quickly
- Remote controller is now saying 'CHECK APP' 'SYS WARNING'

and

on the app its saying;

- Gimbal Motor Overloaded. Check whecher gimbal clamp is removed.

I don't know if its a big deal but after reviewing the lfigh logs from before I purchased the drone looks like its had issues from the get go. Did I get a lemon?

Also got;

- Downward vision sensor calibration error. Precision Hovering and Landing Protectin may fail
- Vision system recalibration required

Are you getting this as an error message in DJI Go? Make sure your gimbal plate has all the rubber bands connected and the tabs are under the front of the body. Also make sure the plate is under the L bracket as shown in the picture.

View attachment 16132
View attachment 16131
How do you

View attachment 16132
View attachment 16131

View attachment 16132
View attachment 16131
How do you get the plate under the lbracket again?

Learning pilot error here too. Thanks all in this thread I've made a similar repair and it seem OK. Thanks again - particularly advise and images Thunderdrones and Bunny Too.

Good thread, I too planted my MP in a tree and had the 'Gimbal Shake Error', but after reading this, I was able to relocate the gimbal plate properly.
Hopefully, this has cured my problems...Thumbswayup

Can you feel the gimbal motors and see if any of them are getting hot? That could mean that one of them isnt happy and is malfunctioning.

I exactly get this issue, I get error saying gimbal shake error on the DJI go app, checked all the rubber bands and the L shapped clamp, every thing seem to be ok but today as you said I felt a lot of heat on the back of the gimbal, Now I have seen you saying malfunctioning of motors. So what is the remedy in this issue? Should I contact DJI and send it to them?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman