DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal side shaking

pilifida

Reactions
Hello guys,

i've seen several threads regarding this problem but they were kinda old and with no solution.
so, when i fly my mavic in sides (not everytime), when i stop the side movement, the gimbal shakes hard on the opposite side, like the breaking inertia. is it a hardware problem? is there a solution for this?

i uploaded a video on youtube, you can see the problem after sec 26. thank you!

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-23_23-48-2.png
    upload_2018-7-23_23-48-2.png
    264.6 KB · Views: 31
you can see that my movements weren't made suddenly and that also there was no wind...

My mavic behaves exactly the same: gimbal shakes when stopping/changing direction, and also horizon tilts like in your video. Try calibrating IMU, it helped a little for me. But I think our mavics were in a defected batch of production:/

Sounds nasty...my mavic it.s brand new
If this doesn.t gets uglier i hope i can live with it

Just be sure to recalibrate everything - compass, IMU, controller and gimbal. I downgraded firmware two weeks ago to increase mavic altitude limit to 2500 meters and the gimbal was really sensitive to changes of speed until I recalibrated everything. Later, I updated firmware to newest and recalibrated again and it actually helped alot.

This sounds a bit like a 'gain' problem. The Mavic stabilises itself in 4 axis [pitch, roll, yaw & vertical] with feedback which should stop the motion, and damp-out any oscillations as it stabilises. However, if you get the damper working too hard, you can get oscillations which hardly show on the fuselage, but show in the gimbal assembly due to the way it's suspended. It looks like you 'may' have a little too much gain set on the roll axis - BUT - this is not something you should jump into without a bit of research. I'd suggest you watch this video to get the full theory behind how this system works:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S