DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal sounds like electric shaver and footage occasionally wobbles

mavic_minis_fly_away

Reactions
My gimbal has started making electric shaver noises (but quieter) especially when I roll the Mavic (not flying) with my hand. The noise is especially loud when it reaches the limit of its roll. When I move the gimbal by hand it seems smooth.

Any ideas what could be causing this or how to fix it? I've done the dental floss method but no luck. Thanks.

Following a sideways crash into a tree branch and a drop to the ground, my m3p, once cleaned up, flew well, but my gimbal went into the vibration mode nd photos were a mess. Video was shaky. The vibration was random, but persistent. Once it started, I had to land and take off again. Gimbal seemed to mover freely and was not hung up on anything. I contacted dji and they replaced the drone per my care refresh plan.

Following a sideways crash into a tree branch and a drop to the ground, my m3p, once cleaned up, flew well, but my gimbal went into the vibration mode nd photos were a mess. Video was shaky. The vibration was random, but persistent. Once it started, I had to land and take off again. Gimbal seemed to mover freely and was not hung up on anything. I contacted dji and they replaced the drone per my care refresh plan.
Alas my drone is out of warranty.

In my case, this was not caused by a crash. Also, I do not always get the noise. Sometimes it will occur for 30s then stop (while moving the drone all this time).

Just wanted to post an update on this.

I was able to pin the problem down to the yaw gimbal motor. Whenever I held my finger to stop it rotating the noise and vibration stopped.

Hence my solution is to stick some blutak in the gimbal to prevent the yaw motor from operating - note that you have to turn the Mavic on first to do this because if you do it before power on you will get a gimbal error and lose the 2 remaining axes.

Easy!

Update: I seem to have fixed this.

All I did was follow this video:

I ran a Python script twice as soon as the Mavic Mini boots (otherwise it goes into mass storage mode) and although the gimbal buzzes like heck still, the image is perfectly stable. Bizarre, but saved me £100 for a new gimbal!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22