DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Stuck Error: 40002

asif

Reactions
My Mini 2 was crashed and the flat cable was broken. I have replaced it with a new flat cable. However, it still gives gimbal stuck error (40002) with a kind of continuous mouse click sounds. Any suggestions?

For my own benefit can you locate which part of the gimbal the sound is coming from? And, if you can touch that part with a finger tip do you feel anything?
Was the replacement cable new?
I am deaf but have a similar problem and obviously I can not hear any clicking.

For my own benefit can you locate which part of the gimbal the sound is coming from? And, if you can touch that part with a finger tip do you feel anything?
Was the replacement cable new?
I am deaf but have a similar problem and obviously I can not hear any clicking.
I guess the sound is coming from where the camera is and it feels like constant kicking on the camera (~2-3 times/sec). Yes, bought the new cable from amazon.

Does the gimbal do a full dance at boot i.e. does the camera pitch, does the gimbal roll and yaw?

@asif have you done a full gimbal calibration since you fitted the new cable

As far as I can see you have No roll.
With the drone switched off can you WITH OUT force roll the gimbal?
If you have to repace parts within the gimbal/camera you may run into problems as something in the gimbal camera assembly it paired to something in the drone, a replacement part may break this pairing.
If that happens you may find the gimbal points askew and or errors are reported.

Have a look at, and in order ,
1)
2)

I have two other links saved in the same book mark folder, I don't remember what they are about but they are presumably related. They are ----------

a )
and the linked too
b)

I face having to do this myself with a Mavic Mini that I would like to 'repair' "just for the heck of it", I replaced the ribbon cable but I get no yaw and I get a gimbal stuck message. But first I need to get hold of a knackered gimbal assembly that I can literally cut-up to see how things are put together --- as in, how circuit boards and motors are secured but I haven't got round to doing that yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: asif and Gagey52
@asif having done a ribbon cable exchange on my MPP ,i can honestly say ,that on that drone at least it was quite an awkward thing to do, getting all the very small connectors to lock together correctly, and i was both pleased and somewhat amazed that it all worked correctly after i had finished, it only requires just one of those connectors to not quite be perfectly aligned,and it wont work as it should ,the trouble is you only know something is wrong when it is all back together, the drone does not have to have its top body part attached to test the gimbal and camera ,on the MPP it was just a case off connecting up the GPS module thats in the top cover turning everything on and then after it has done its start up dance, checking that it all works before screwing everything back ,hope you find the issue and get it working again good luck

Reactions: asif and Gagey52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi