DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal stuck, straight out of the box

i know that it is not flat, look again to that piece i have said ofIMG_20201230_160318.jpg
anyway, if you have both pieces left and right on the back of the gimbal, then that piece is from another drone and blocked your gimbal

What about emailing DJI with photos of both the above view and the other side of the piece and ask them if they can identify it and what you should do?
Is there black plastic on the controller or anything else that came with the drone that this could have come from?
If the joystick is of a similar size to the ones for the MM then the plastic is about 15mm wide, is that correct? If so have a look at the yaw pivot (above the camera), on the MM its the only thing I can see that is near that size from that area, does there appear to be a missing cover?

WooZie: The two similar shaped pieces you mention are at the sides of the gimbal, yes? You can see one side in your photo near to your finger?

A colleague has just suggested that it could be an "extra" piece slipped inside by mistake at the factory.

not both sides, but on the back of the gimbal, like i said
i just edit my picture do you see that arrow? that is the piece that you posted

PhiliusFoggg: Good idea about sending the photo to DJI.

The controller is different for the Mini 2 compared to the Mini 1 (as you probably know) in design and colour. And it was bagged separately and kept apart from the drone by myself. There's absolutely nothing I can see on the controller which would make sense.

The part looks very, very similar to the side casing that you see on the left and right hand sides of the gimbal 9See WooZie's photo). The giveaway clue is the half-circle or half-moon cutout shape. But this part has a raised ridge. Could anyone with a Mini 1 look to see what is looks like and if it is raised/ridged?

WooZie: You are correct! The red circle and arrow helped direct my attention lower and there is a missing covering piece and an exposed component - although I wouldn't have guessed the shape. Thank you. Well done.

I suppose it will have to be returned, unless I can somehow carefully fix it back on? (I've got big hands and big fingers.)

Looking more closely at WooZie's photo and its arrow I see it points to a cover on the BACK of the pitch arms and fits around the ROLL pivot, on my MM that cover looks exactly like the piece in your photo.
View WooZie's photo full size and enlarged.. Ooops simultaneous posting lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WooZie
It's a cover or part of the gimbal casing. As it's only just arrived yesterday, the safest option is to get it all replaced. It definitely won't clip or slot back on. (Probably a Friday afternoon job, or else a transit issue.)

that is not my name, but my nickname :) and it was my pleasure to help, because i was also helped when i had problems

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear