DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal wheel on smart controller

Mavic Mike 2

Reactions
hi guys , just wondered ? the left hand wheel that operates thr gimbal is there a way of changing it to the right , as it would make sense as I’m right handed ...thanks in advance

hi guys , just wondered ? the left hand wheel that operates thr gimbal is there a way of changing it to the right , as it would make sense as I’m right handed ...thanks in advance
This is a problem for me too. I have trouble moving the wheel precisely. Additionally, I suffer from intention shake which simply means I have little control over how my fingers move (old people!)

To correct these issues, I added a lever to the wheel. This gives me greater feel for moving the wheel. I just drilled a hole and epoxied a small machine screw (or whatever you can find around the shop).

IMG_7656.JPGIMG_7657.JPG

Last edited:
This is a problem for me too. I have trouble moving the wheel precisely. Additionally, I suffer from intension shake which simply means I have little control over how my fingers move (old people!)

To correct these issues, I added a lever to the wheel. This gives me greater feel for moving the wheel. I just drilled a hole and epoxied a small machine screw (or whatever you can find around the shop).

View attachment 97621View attachment 97622

This is a problem for me too. I have trouble moving the wheel precisely. Additionally, I suffer from intension shake which simply means I have little control over how my fingers move (old people!)

View attachment 97621View attachment 97622
hi again I have a friend who can do that job as I said I’m usless haha ... can I tell me what sort of machine screws they are ? As there quite neat instead of a lot I’ve seen ? Many thanks

hi again I have a friend who can do that job as I said I’m usless haha ... can I tell me what sort of machine screws they are ? As there quite neat instead of a lot I’ve seen ? Many thanks
Actually what I used comes from the category of "whatever you can find around the shop". The lever I used is a knob with a very small screw end on it, from an old windup alarm clock. It was pure luck that it worked. I think you could use a variety of small diameter items. Worst case, you could carefully drill about 3/32 deep hole using a 1/16 in drill. Then sacrifice the drill by breaking off the shaft end. Anything that "sticks out" is an improvement over the original wheel.

Reactions: Mavic Mike 2
Actually what I used comes from the category of "whatever you can find around the shop". The lever I used is a knob with a very small screw end on it, from an old windup alarm clock. It was pure luck that it worked. I think you could use a variety of small diameter items. Worst case, you could carefully drill about 3/32 deep hole using a 1/16 in drill. Then sacrifice the drill by breaking off the shaft end. Anything that "sticks out" is an improvement over the original wheel.
Thanks for that will look into it when I can get out ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom