DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal won't complete its initialization

trevstar72

Reactions
I crashed the drone last weekend and the gimbal stopped moving completely. Video was fine, but the camera wouldn't move.

Sure enough the ribbon was broken and so I replaced it. (I bought 2 replacements so I have one for future use.)

However, after replacing the gimbal ribbon, the gimbal begins its initialization by swinging all over the place like normal (it swings more violently than I remember but that could be just me... I've only had it for a couple of weeks). But the gimbal finishes facing down and to its right, then won't move into its normal forward facing position. After about 30 seconds it starts the process all over again. The gimbal motors get pretty hot but I don't know if this is normal.

Here's a link to the video:

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks for your time and help.

Trevor

Could be one or more of a few different things. The ribbon cables you bought might be defective, your motor assembly might have gotten damaged, or your gimbal PCB might be damaged.

I didn't. I sent it back under DJI care and used up a "Refresh". My repair quote said "gimbal arm module". But rather than the $120 or whatever (parts and labour), they just charged me the cost of a refresh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007