DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal

Drone062074

Reactions
My Mavic 2 flies fine but if I’m not real gentle when flying all the sudden it will show gimbal overload and the camera will be all over the place. I can still control it but not steady. I’ll fly home and sometimes it will find it’s way back to normal again. Otherwise I’ll land it and have to start up again. Thoughts, suggestions? Feels like the gimbal is pretty loose also. I took it off and put it back on to see if that helped. Does the same thing. If I’m real careful and no quick movements it’s fine it seems. Otherwise it don’t take much to get off track.

Sounds like it needs repair. May be as simple as a loose screw or motor position adjustment.

I removed the gimbal and put it back on. It has a few marks from what I expect is from the gimbal hitting. Works fine if I’m real gentle with everything I do. If I go fast and move the gimbal around that’s when it usually falls out of place. Thankfully I can just fly it back. A lot of times the gimbal will straighten itself out by the time I get home.

Sounds like it needs repair. May be as simple as a loose screw or motor position adjustment.

Thanks for the info though. Definitely needs some type of repair. I did all the calibrations and did one with the Dji assistant. Not gonna give up on it quite yet. [emoji1417]

Has it landed hard on a back arm? Unfold both the left and right back and see if one side is looser than the other or unfolds further under slight pressure. That is almost impossible to notice unless your looking for it but causes the same gimbal symptoms described.

My M2P Gimble will get glitchy in flight from time to time
Usually a shut down and restart clears the gimble issue

like the ol saying goes......

“Never buy a Car made on
a Monday or Friday”

....cR

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads