DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimball stuck message

neXus0310

Reactions
Hi all, only activated my mavic mini however when setting everything up a gimball stuck message keeps appearing on my screen, I’ve turned it on and off a few times, I’ve held the power button to test it and it won’t view downwards I can however manually move the camera with my finger and it moves freely yet the message still appears I’m out of ideas anyone can any advice plz???

I have noticed the gimbal getting stuck a few times over the six months of having this thing. Early in my flight career, I 'd just wait for the satellites to align, then send 'er off.

Now I do a pre flight check. side to side, back and forth, up and down.... Gimbal up and down. Because I noticed grit, (or something) gets in the gimbal and it need to be flicked on occasion.

It does an automatic wiggle when it’s starts on but doesn’t point down for some reason, I’m thinking it might actually be a faulty one unfortunately

I recorded a video showing exactly how it acts upon commencing start up but it won’t upload on this site unfortunately

I recorded a video showing exactly how it acts upon commencing start up but it won’t upload on this site unfortunately

Yepp, think its due to space and bandwith. Go head and upload it to youtube and embed the video.

I’ve uploaded the link for the video you can see upon start up it won’t view down, I’ve calibrated it, tried blowing it, I only had it a day and haven’t flown it yet

strange behavior, does it stay horizontal if you turn and twist while powered on?

Unfortunately yes, I’m suspecting it may be damaged that’s the only thing that it can be. I’ll just have to replace it I think

Okay last question, after seeing your video: You’re not powering on your Mini then trying to hand launch, right? I’m asking because I can see a normal shake of the hand, which may affect the startup procedure.

Even if hand launching, I always power on my Mini from the ground or a firm picnic table, let it do the typical gimbal start up, then I pick it up to launch. But mostly I’m launching from the solid surface where it did its power-up procedure.

Reactions: PanX
No haven’t done a hand launch at all, just from a flat surface thx for taking the time to look at the video and for offering assistance I’m sure it’s just a fault that’s out of my control

Reactions: pelagic_one
I guess I will ask - did you ever fly it or mishandle it? Or is it defective from the get-go? You might consider returning it if in the return window. Good luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato