DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimball & Video Download Problems

HappyCamper

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I'll be as succinct as possible. Bought new Mavic Pro 4 days ago.First two days it wouldn't connect to my app due to Calibration error and magnetic interference. I tried everything, even driving an hour into the mountains.

Nothing worked until I stumbled upon a thread were someone removed the SD card and put it back in. that solved it so yesterday I was up and flying and finally able to calibrate the gimbal.

So this morning at 6AM I drive up to a mountain top. Treck up there for the sunset. As I unpack the Mavic I have the exact same issue again. Gimball disconnected it says on the screen and I knew it was the SD card.

I then took it out, and put in an SD card I've used on my GoPro as an emergency solution. The Mavic powered up perfectly and connected with the app. No gimball issues. I pressed record and captured some amazing footage of a mountain top castle.

I drive home overjoyed that it worked after 4 days of mega problems. Then I arrive home, plug the drone into the computer and of course iPhoto says it can't import the files as they're unreadable. I saw some preview thumbs there though.

Then I go to Final Cut Pro. There to it says I have 12 files on the card. I assume 10 are old GoPro films and 2 are from this morning's flight. But no file will import.

So I'm incredibly disheartened and realize all is likely lost. Maybe I should've formated the card before flying. Maybe I shouldn't have had other files on there. Anyway it was an emergency solution and I didn't think of those things in the heat of the moment. Maybe I should've done more test but this was my last day in this region so I had no choice but to try and complete the shots today.

So my question is this: does anyone know of an emergency measure that could save my videos?

Best regards,
Sad Camper

Attachments

• drone1.jpeg
    drone1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • drone2.jpeg
    drone2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11
Did you stop recording before turning mavic off?
I've used mine with gopro files on the SD card and it was fine

If they have corrupted then you could try a file recovery program on the SD card

Have you tried removing the ad card from the Mavic and inserting it directly into your Mac where it should then appear as another Hard Drive to Finder, select whatever files you want and copy them to wherever you gave files

Did you stop recording before turning mavic off?
I've used mine with gopro files on the SD card and it was fine

If they have corrupted then you could try a file recovery program on the SD card

Thank you for your reply. Good to hear you're used same Sd card without issues. Gives me hope.

Yes I did stop recording before turning off on both clips. Do you have a file recovery program to recommend? The data appears to be there but it's now not recognized by iphoto at all. But when I click on the Disc info I get this:

Attachments

• drone3.png
    drone3.png
    361.3 KB · Views: 5
Have you tried removing the ad card from the Mavic and inserting it directly into your Mac where it should then appear as another Hard Drive to Finder, select whatever files you want and copy them to wherever you gave files

I don't have such a slot on my mac. But Iw ill of course try and buy an SD card reader for the mac if this may solve the issue and save the files. Thank you for your suggestion.

I have several I use for windows but I have never used a Mac so I don't know what's available

USB card reader is a cheap and easy thing to try if that doesn't work then Google flash file recovery

Next time, try formatting the SD Card via the Go4 App with the card in the MP

I tried that with the first card but it would not even connect the controller with the drone as it kept saying magnetic error and gimbal disconnected. Hence I was unable to calibrate or change any setting on the drone. Very strange. Thank you for your suggestion though. It may be that there is a major issue with my drone as I haven't found anyone else with these same error messages.

I have several I use for windows but I have never used a Mac so I don't know what's available

USB card reader is a cheap and easy thing to try if that doesn't work then Google flash file recovery
I shall drive out of the mountains first thing in the morning to an Apple store. If I can save this footage it would mean the world to me.

Would you say there is a chance the movies are recoverable seeing as the SD card does say that some of the storage on it is being used?

do the gopro videos still open?

I would say that most of the videos will be fine, iphoto etc need to see certain data at the start of the video to know how to play it, a recovery program creates the files with the data required then puts the video content inside
Hope that makes sense my brain hasn't woken up yet :)

Reactions: HappyCamper
do the gopro videos still open?

I would say that most of the videos will be fine, iphoto etc need to see certain data at the start of the video to know how to play it, a recovery program creates the files with the data required then puts the video content inside
Hope that makes sense my brain hasn't woken up yet :)

I sure hope you're right. As I flew over the castle 2km up, standing on a cliff coming out from it, I instantly knew this was some of the best footage I've ever captured. So I'm feeling a bit suicidal at the moment but your comment gives me hope ;-)

No the gopro videos don't open either. Nothing moved onto computer. And now when I try to do it the files don't even show up as being there. However the disk space on the SD card is still used it seems.

I don't have such a slot on my mac. But Iw ill of course try and buy an SD card reader for the mac if this may solve the issue and save the files. Thank you for your suggestion.

You sure there isn't a SD card reader slot, I think every Mac in the 6 years or more has one somewhere?

I had this on my mac too. I reconnected the app/controller/Mavic and previewed the footage on playback on the app. The files were then reinstated and I was able to download to my Mac.
Hope this helps but I think it was because at some point I might not have stopped recording when I powered down the Mavic. Newbie error[emoji28]

I had this on my mac too. I reconnected the app/controller/Mavic and previewed the footage on playback on the app. The files were then reinstated and I was able to download to my Mac.
Hope this helps but I think it was because at some point I might not have stopped recording when I powered down the Mavic. Newbie error[emoji28]
Interesting. Thank you for you advice. Will test this now if the Mavic will even connect as it seems to not want to

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS