DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble anti drop hook...important?

Jebac

Reactions
Hi guys stupidly crashed my mavic today inside the work factory in sports mode and miss judged the stopping distance .

Now I've broken the rear anti drop hook on the anti vibration plate/board, do I bother getting this fixed under dji refresh or continue flying? I don't really want to void refresh by pulling it all apart to replace it. And don't want to wait for repair!

Thoughts? Is it important to have installed?

Thank you for mentioning me @colinfowler

Yes this part is important for preventing the rear of the gimbal plate from extending too far downward. If it is missing, most of the time you will get an error message in DJI Go, sometimes not.

You wont void Refresh if you pull it apart, you might void your factory warranty. Unfortunately, this repair can not be done from the outside, you have to take the whole top off, drop the gimbal out, remove the gimbal PCB, unscrew 2 screws from the gimbal top plate, and replace the hook.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and spend $79 to get it Refreshed.

Thanks guys for the replies thinking I'll just refresh as my controller seems to be losing charge way to quickly aswell. Don't feel to comfortable ripping apart a 2 week old mavic and voiding warranty....

Reactions: Thomas B
Make sure your gimbal base looks like this.

2020-08-27 18.10.47.jpg

The gimbal base needs to be under that little L-shaped thing, not on top of it.

I have crashed my mavic pro and broke this little part, anti drop hook.
I have to buy it from ebay and I think I can repair it on my own.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada