DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble over load (Cable replaced) over rotated camara.

AaronS

Reactions
Problem? App reporting Overload

Was unit in a crash? Yes in to tree, stuck and not high impact in to solid but caught

What have you tried so far? Replace ribon cable for Gimble "repeated to make sure"

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Android

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest

What Go app version are you using? N/A

Any modification?
(if so what) None

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) See below

I think the issues is that the Y axies of the camara is over rotated, if i place the camara so the wire is centered at the bottom I can rotate is about 100 degrees one way but only about 30 the other. The pictures below show first the camage mount (removed camara) rotated fully anticlock wise, then fully clockwise and then what i think is centered.

Can any one confirm how the cam should rotate and if there is a way to fix this?

IMG_20180807_002352_DRO.jpg IMG_20180807_002411_DRO.jpg IMG_20180807_002427_DRO.jpg

Last edited:
I think the issues is that the Y axies of the camara is over rotated, if i place the camara so the wire is centered at the bottom I can rotate is about 100 degrees one way but only about 30 the other.

That is the normal axis of the roll motor. It rotates more in one direction than the other to allow you to take both portrait and landscape photos. There is nothing wrong with your roll motor.

OK thanks, wonder what is causing it then, it does seem to be stiff at the extream end of the counterclock wise rotation but cant rember if it was before. I will put it back togather and take a video of the boot up

OK thanks, wonder what is causing it then, it does seem to be stiff at the extream end of the counterclock wise rotation but cant rember if it was before. I will put it back togather and take a video of the boot up

That is caused by the bending and spooling of the LVDS cable under the gimbal roll motor cover. Thats normal too. Come on, hit me with your best shot. joking.

Last edited:
OK not at home at the moment so will get video tonight, But after the drone powers up, the gimble swings fully back, hangs there for a while and then drops poiting slightly down and to the right (towards the gimble arm) and comes up with gimble overload.

The movement it does seems to run all the motors and its all hanging free with out obstruction, as I say its been fully disasambled and had a ribon cable replaced with exactly the same issue.

Cheers for the comments useful to rule stuff out and hopfully get towards the cause :)

Hi, can't see any damage but the X and Y are hot. As in to hot to touch for more than a few seconds after drone been sitting for a miniute or 2.

I also notice that after it fails the rotation seems to stick. And you can feel bit of restance to rotate it the first degree back towards center with fingers. This might just be the stop though.

All 3 motors are moving though .during the attempt when it starts up there is movemt from all 3

Was wondering if you had any further suggestions of if just best to purchase a new gimble assemble. Camera still seems to work fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada