DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble Problem / Question

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I recently sent my Mav3 and controller in to DJI for repair. When I am looking forward through the camera and move the gimble wheel so as to begin looking down, for instance when the camera is level and I begin to view downward to, say, -40degrees and then remove my finger from the scrolling wheel, the gimble continues to drift downward. My FPV does no such thing. When I stop the scroll wheel movement the gimble stops the downward movement. I was sent a new Mav3 but the problem persists. It must either be the controller or maybe this is common? My friend with a Mav3 says it does not happen to him. Apparently they did not even test this? Or is this really common? In the attached video I am using the scrolling wheel until the gimble is looking down to about 40degrees then removing my finger. You can see the gimble movement slow down but continue downward. Is this normal or should I contact DJI again. I find it very frustrating to try to "back scroll" just the right amount to stop the downward motion of the gimble. Gimble Test Video

I would think that it's a controller fault. Whenever you stop on the scroll wheel, the camera should stay put, not continue to move.

I'd look at Control -> Advanced Gimbal Settings and review the Pitch Smoothness setting. That allows the gimbal to slow gradually when you release the scroll wheel.

Reactions: KLRSKIR and CaseyK
I'd look at Control -> Advanced Gimbal Settings and review the Pitch Smoothness setting. That allows the gimbal to slow gradually when you release the scroll wheel.
thanks for the thought. it's not that. It doesn't slow gradually...it simply continues to go down down down...but that was a thought and I did check it and reset it to no effect. Appreciated.

Reactions: oztx
thanks for the thought. it's not that. It doesn't slow gradually...it simply continues to go down down down...but that was a thought and I did check it and reset it to no effect. Appreciated.
Bummer. Did DJI return the same M3 and controller, or are they new? I'm inclined to agree with @MavicAir2Marc that it's a controller problem -- especially if you got your original equipment back.

humorously they gave me a new drone and returned the old controller. I think that pretty much is the issue. I have projects I want to do through the end of May and then I'll get a return set up for the controller. I would love it if they would charge me and send me a new one then refund me when they get the old one back but I don't know if they do that kind of thing. I'll be asking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS