DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble Shake Error

Searching81

Reactions
Hey guys

I'm aware of the multiple threads regarding this issue and that it can be induced by having the gimble not sitting correctly with regards to the three tabs or breaking of the tethers, however, I don't know what degree of "Gimble Shake Error" / jello footage is normal in operation.

I've never crashed my Mavic and my gimble is seated correctly and calibrated, but I regularly get "Gimble shake errors" while flying. Might last a few seconds and seem to be in response to a sudden movement of the sticks or wind gust, which seems entirely appropriate but other times it will be sustained for a full minute with no obvious trigger. Sometimes it seems to stop with drone movement, othertimes not.

During my flights today, maybe 10-15% of my flight time showed the warning with a slightly lower percentage of the footage displaying the jello effect. It wasn't particularly windy at all and no gusts, but maybe seemed to happen more when i was facing the wind direction. I have seen/heard the gimble twitch up and down when it's experiencing the shake error, so makes sense that the footage looks like it does.

It also seems to happen more at the start, but it certainly isn't cold here (Brisbane, QLD, 30 degree C outside).

Does this sounds like a faulty unit, or just within normal operating limits?

I also get gimbal micro shakes but mostly in sport mode . In P-mode and all other intelligent modes I have very few to zero shakes.

Hey guys

I'm aware of the multiple threads regarding this issue and that it can be induced by having the gimble not sitting correctly with regards to the three tabs or breaking of the tethers, however, I don't know what degree of "Gimble Shake Error" / jello footage is normal in operation.

I've never crashed my Mavic and my gimble is seated correctly and calibrated, but I regularly get "Gimble shake errors" while flying. Might last a few seconds and seem to be in response to a sudden movement of the sticks or wind gust, which seems entirely appropriate but other times it will be sustained for a full minute with no obvious trigger. Sometimes it seems to stop with drone movement, othertimes not.

During my flights today, maybe 10-15% of my flight time showed the warning with a slightly lower percentage of the footage displaying the jello effect. It wasn't particularly windy at all and no gusts, but maybe seemed to happen more when i was facing the wind direction. I have seen/heard the gimble twitch up and down when it's experiencing the shake error, so makes sense that the footage looks like it does.

It also seems to happen more at the start, but it certainly isn't cold here (Brisbane, QLD, 30 degree C outside).

Does this sounds like a faulty unit, or just within normal operating limits?

I've never heard this theory, but I find it kind of intuitive. It seems like the "anti-shake" gimble floating assembly seems kind of loose (with a small range of movement), so the gimble/camera floats, but it doesn't seem like a minor shock (gust) could shake the mechanism to its stops. If this happened it would generate the mico-shakes being discussed. My though is basically the miniaturization of the anti-shock assembly is lacking. Comments?

It's not a normal problem so something is wrong. Try a flight with the gimbal dome on. That will eliminate the wind from the equation.

Rob

I get it regularly. I have had it since I got the Mavic. At first it was only the occasional jello but I experienced it on every flight, even slow flight. I can hardly even see the screen if I fly in wind, the shaking is so bad. I am trying to get answers from DJi but not having any luck.
A link to my video:

I get it regularly. I have had it since I got the Mavic. At first it was only the occasional jello but I experienced it on every flight, even slow flight. I can hardly even see the screen if I fly in wind, the shaking is so bad. I am trying to get answers from DJi but not having any luck.
A link to my video:

Get DJI to swap it, it shouldn't do that

And don't mention that you are flying in strong wind. You have the problem in situations without wind, so focus on these occasions when opening and discussing a case with DJI

Mine has been doing that since the beginning also. Occasionally at least .... problem is I've crashed it twice since then (still works), so I'm sure DJI would just give me the middle finger.

For what it's worth, mine has improved substantially, I can go multiple flights without unexplained gimble shake errors. I assume it's the newer firmware (the gimble calibration routine has been updated a couple of times since release).

The only other thing that has changed is that I'm more regularly doing IMU and compass calibration. I've always done regular gimble calibrations, as I was experiencing these shakes, but if the IMU and compass status was green, I wouldn't bother with them - now I'm doing it anyway.

Did you get your Mavic replaced ?

Not sure if you are referring to mine but yes I did get it replaced. The replacement was probably a refurbished one but it has never had any problems so far and I have had it since the end of March.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast