DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble sticking

Merrill277

Reactions
I've got a fairly new replacement MA2. I change the lens filters on occasion and I noticed that once the drone has been lit, and if I even gently replace the lens, the drone gimbal wants to freak and not work. Specifically it gets stuck and then points straight down. Thank goodness for RTH. I've had better luck changing the lens before starting it up, but still sticks on occasion. Any suggestions?

Flying home with the map might be a better alternative to RTH. It's good practice anyhow for other situations.

Are you changing lens with the drone powered on? If so, that's the problem...
I did and saw that that was indeed a problem. But since I discovered that issue, I have made sure not to change the lens with the power on. It still sticks, particularly when doing a 360 where it goes up and down rapidly taking pictures. It's a brand new replacement drone and didn't have issues until recently.

I did and saw that that was indeed a problem. But since I discovered that issue, I have made sure not to change the lens with the power on. It still sticks, particularly when doing a 360 where it goes up and down rapidly taking pictures. It's a brand new replacement drone and didn't have issues until recently.
Sounds like DJI needs to get their hands on it again....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje