DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Giving back to the drone community.

Former Member

Reactions
If you are a forum member, you might not be an experienced drone pilot or repairman, but Im sure there is something you do very well in your life that you can share with others. Some hobbies and trades translate well into the drone world, such as photography, electrical engineering, fabrication, mechanical engineering, etc. So, if you have experience in any of these disciplines, or others that can help members with their problems here, feel free to offer you opinion on any discussion. You might preface your first opinion on a topic with a statement something like, "I am new to the forum but have been an aeronautical engineer for xx years, and in my experience..." You will get peoples attention, especially if youre right lol

Some days, I learn more than I teach and I enjoy every minute of it. I try to keep an open mind to new theories and ideas, especially from people who have more experience in a field than I do.

Last edited:
I am a Joiner / Carpenter so unfortunately don't have a lot to offer ?

In my opinion, carpenters have a unique eye for things to be exact. Most carpenters are also artists, with the ability to translate a concept that a customer has into a beautiful end product. So, dont sell yourself short.

Reactions: TR Ganey
I neglected to add one more, and possibly the most, important thing you can add to the forum; Humor! I sometimes get so embedded in a subject or discussion, that I completely lose my sense of humor.

Every single member here has a sense of humor (except the Google bots), and it is so welcome here. Sometimes just one post from a member can make me laugh the whole day, and break me out of a funk.

Jokes (in good taste) are very welcome here in the Off-topic category.

i am sure that every person who joins the forum has something to offer, we learn something every day and it does not matter if you are not always correct,its the taking part that matters,

i am sure that every person who joins the forum has something to offer, we learn something every day and it does not matter if you are not always correct,its the taking part that matters,

I think all my favorite teachers said as you said. AKA there is no such thing as a stupid question. OMM, you are one of my favorite teachers. ;)

Some of my other favorite teachers here, who know alot more than I do about many things, are @Porky @sar104 @BudWalker @BD0G @BigAl07 @FoxhallGH @mnis

If I didnt mention you, its just because Im having a senior moment (or hour, or day)

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
I think all my favorite teachers said as you said. AKA there is no such thing as a stupid question. OMM, you are one of my favorite teachers. ;)
thanks Rob,and you are one of my favorite posters this forum would not be the same without you

Reactions: Former Member
Sorry rob, I’ve only just seen this thread,
I’ve got no qualifications,
live off the land,
can’t fly a drone but learning,
can’t give advice cos I don’t know what I’m talking about,
But I’m bloody good at surfing, wife took this short vid or me the other day.?
So I can give advice on that?? think I’ll need to join another forum though

Sorry rob, I’ve only just seen this thread,
I’ve got no qualifications,
live off the land,
can’t fly a drone but learning,
can’t give advice cos I don’t know what I’m talking about,
But I’m bloody good at surfing, wife took this short vid or me the other day.?
So I can give advice on that?? think I’ll need to join another forum though

Thats what I call a Bad Moon Rising. Not sure about the UK, but a "moon" in the USA is the exposure, whether intentionally or by accident, of ones bottom (bum).

Also, coincidentally, it's the theme song to American Werewolf In London.

We call it a “Mooney” here in the uk.
By the way you shouldn’t be looking at my bum but my surfing skills???????

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
i thought the whole thing was a bit of a bummer

Reactions: Porky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa