DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Glasson Dock

Paul Iddon

Reactions
Glasson Dock.

A popular destination for tourist, many on motorbikes, the village of Glasson has a small selection of shops and places to eat, and there are excellent walks in the surrounding countryside. The harbour at Glasson originally opened in 1787, following the demise of Lancaster as a port, and was at its height the largest port in the north west, importing cotton, sugar, spices and slaves from Africa and the Indies.

Glasson is still a thriving port handling over 150,000 tonnes of cargo annually. Glasson Waterside & Marina lies in a secure and well sheltered location at Glasson.

Glasson Dock is a useful stopping-off point for yachts on their way from the South Coast to Scotland or vice versa. Within easy reach of the Isle of Man and Ireland, it makes an excellent base for exploring the beautiful countryside of the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales. The Basin, which forms the beginning of Lancaster Canal, is entered via a lock from the River Lune. It is in a rural setting but within easy reach of many pubs and restaurants.

Paul.

Nice video

Very nice.

My wife is from Lancaster, so I've been to Glasson Dock several times. I think my sister in law has lunch there quite often.

I had a steak canadienne with egg from the snack bar. Proper tasty.

There's some nice boats in the marina, will have cost a few bob some of them.

Paul.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1