DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go Fly video editor display on iPad pro

KenG

Reactions
On my iPad pro, the display of the DJI Go Fly video editor does not place the time line correctly with the vertical reference line for cutting, editing, etc. On my iPhone X, it displays and works as it should. My old eyes needed a larger display for editing so downloaded the go fly app onto the iPad. The video runs for a while before the time line footage actually reaches the cut (reference) vertical line. I hope the two screen shots show this clearly enough. Per DJI, I have removed and reinstalled the app to the iPad but nothing changes. I appreciate any help.

IMG_2432.pngIMG_0103.png

I have never used the GoFly app so can’t help with that but as an alternative you could try using iMovie which comes free on your iPad. I use it all the time on my iPad Pro to edit 4K videos from my M2P. It’s quite easy to learn and use.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have never used the GoFly app so can’t help with that but as an alternative you could try using iMovie which comes free on your iPad. I use it all the time on my iPad Pro to edit 4K videos from my M2P. It’s quite easy to learn and use.
Also very intuitive!

On my iPad pro, the display of the DJI Go Fly video editor does not place the time line correctly with the vertical reference line for cutting, editing, etc. On my iPhone X, it displays and works as it should. My old eyes needed a larger display for editing so downloaded the go fly app onto the iPad. The video runs for a while before the time line footage actually reaches the cut (reference) vertical line. I hope the two screen shots show this clearly enough. Per DJI, I have removed and reinstalled the app to the iPad but nothing changes. I appreciate any help.

View attachment 124159View attachment 124160
Hi Ken it is the same with me. I also have additionally have an issue with starting and ending black screens. When i want to add some titles there it is getting freezing or i cannot change the fonts. I guess we need to wait for an update. Or you can download Dji Mimo (The App for Dji Osmo Gimbals). It is pretty same like Dji Fly App’s Editor.

@Camino Ken iMovie is great but it cannot make fast the video more than 2 times (on Dji Fly possible up to x4), you cannot add black opening and ending screens and cutting the video with it’s screen type (for example adjust it for insta stories in mobile phone format) is not possible. That’s why sometimes Dji Fly App’s Editor is also nice/necessary to use.

Reactions: Camino Ken
Hi Ken it is the same with me. I also have additionally have an issue with starting and ending black screens. When i want to add some titles there it is getting freezing or i cannot change the fonts. I guess we need to wait for an update. Or you can download Dji Mimo (The App for Dji Osmo Gimbals). It is pretty same like Dji Fly App’s Editor.

@Camino Ken iMovie is great but it cannot make fast the video more than 2 times (on Dji Fly possible up to x4), you cannot add black opening and ending screens and cutting the video with it’s screen type (for example adjust it for insta stories in mobile phone format) is not possible. That’s why sometimes Dji Fly App’s Editor is also nice/necessary to use.
Hi MCB. Agree all the way. I worked with iMovie for a day but prefer DJI GoFly. There are things I can do with GoFly that I cannot get to work with iMovie. I'll try Mimo. I just can't understand why the iPad won't display correctly. My phone and iPad were purchased at the same time and they both are updated to IOS 14.4 so it's really hard to understand why the video editor displays are different. I'm thinking there is something in settings that is different between the two and needs to be turned on or off but I can't figure out what that might be.

I've spoken with Apple and DJI. Apple says they can't help with third party apps and DJI says remove and reinstall.

Camino Ken. Thank you for letting me know about iMovie. When I worked with it though, it would not let me use all of the transitions the GoFly app does. It limited me to one and when I try to cut near the end of a clip (looks like about within 2 to 3 seconds) it will not allow it. I have to keep moving away from the beginning or ending of the clip. I also found the limitation MCB noted; unable to speed up more than 2x vs. 4x for GoFly app.

Reactions: Camino Ken
Hi MCB. Agree all the way. I worked with iMovie for a day but prefer DJI GoFly. There are things I can do with GoFly that I cannot get to work with iMovie. I'll try Mimo. I just can't understand why the iPad won't display correctly. My phone and iPad were purchased at the same time and they both are updated to IOS 14.4 so it's really hard to understand why the video editor displays are different. I'm thinking there is something in settings that is different between the two and needs to be turned on or off but I can't figure out what that might be.

I've spoken with Apple and DJI. Apple says they can't help with third party apps and DJI says remove and reinstall.

Camino Ken. Thank you for letting me know about iMovie. When I worked with it though, it would not let me use all of the transitions the GoFly app does. It limited me to one and when I try to cut near the end of a clip (looks like about within 2 to 3 seconds) it will not allow it. I have to keep moving away from the beginning or ending of the clip. I also found the limitation MCB noted; unable to speed up more than 2x vs. 4x for GoFly app.
Hi KenG - I understand, it is not a fully featured editor but it was easy to learn and free. I believe I have a choice of 3 or 4 transitions to pick from so I’m not what that issue is about. I have also cut/clipped pretty close to the beginning and end but can’t say if it was within a few sec like you noted.

In the last few days I have been able to find others who agreed to download the GoFly app onto their iPads and send me screenshots of the result of the display when they entered the video editor. Guess what! Same thing. None of us have been able to correctly display the editor on the iPad like it displays on the phone. The screenshot of the phone and iPad, when viewing the editor, looks identical to my initial post, with the exception of the video each one used, of course.

So, unless someone learns differently, we'll have to use the GoFly editor only on our phones or switch to another editor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000