DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GO4 App - 4.0.2 update(android)

flyNfrank

Reactions
Update 4.0.2.(android)
The google play store has a recent update for GO4.

iOS Version v4.0.3.
itunes has download.

Please do not get in a hurry to add this update as we DO NOT know anything about it yet! Be Patient and let others find out what might be wrong with this update. Based on some of what we have recently heard, this update is likely one that will not allow you to roll back. They recently mentioned of putting a stop to being able to use the GO app on the Mavic. The Mavic will only use the GO4 App. I do not have any idea what this update consist of.

I updated yesterday, Seems the same, no obvious differences after doing a "dry run". I'll post if anything of note surfaces as I continue to test.

The only two advertised changes are:

- Updated No-Fly Zone Database.
- Added protection for firmware update caused by incompatibility.

... The first one could eliminate some of the erroneous airspace notices, and the last one might prevent some of these app crashes we've been hearing about.

Last edited:
Installed it, as I have several devices. Only difference I have seen so far is the new option for prop cage.

Still no Art profile for Android.

What background or knowledge do u have to basically tell everyone to boycott an update to improve an app. They put out updates to fix errors in the programming and add new things. Yes there could be other issues pop up but previous issues get fixed. So why would you tell everyone to not update without any info as to a problem. I am just wondering and interested in your answer because there seems to be no validation to this thread.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Well you have to update in any case or you can't fly. As you say, there doesn't appear to be anything to worry about with this one. My nfz doesn't appear to have changed either.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

I saw something called "Coach Mode" on my smartphone download. I never fly with my phone so I use it to download the most recent updates.

Btw, I just returned from making a flight and when I powered up the aircraft a Message Box popped up stating the Firmware MUST be updated to version 4.0.2. I closed it out and then made sure it wasn't installing in the back ground while I went out for my flight.

As I mentioned earlier....I bet this update has to do with separating the Mavic, P4pro, and Inspire from the DJI GO app.

DJI GO 3 forced updated too, but still works with my Mavic. I would be happy to move to GO4, but it crashes instantly each time on my cheapie Doogee android. If GO3 is shutdown for use with Mavic, that would be a major pain and a new phone expense for me.

Update 4.0.2.(android)
The google play store has a recent update for GO4.

iOS Version v4.0.3.
itunes has download.

Please do not get in a hurry to add this update as we DO NOT know anything about it yet! Be Patient and let others find out what might be wrong with this update. Based on some of what we have recently heard, this update is likely one that will not allow you to roll back. They recently mentioned of putting a stop to being able to use the GO app on the Mavic. The Mavic will only use the GO4 App. I do not have any idea what this update consist of.
Why..

Well, someone has to do the update to provide the needed feedback, right? Back in the P2/3 days many updates broke something while fixing something else, and many pilots became gun shy about updating, especially if the bird was flying OK, they didn't want to jinx it so let others be the beta tester.

I installed the new version GO4 app 4.0.2. on one of android tablets and after 5 min of flying it discounted app from aircraft. I tried to restart app, but had to fly it home blind and from controller only. I will NOT fly the GO4 version 4.0.2 ever again.

*Downloading both TXT and DAT flight logs now to investigate further.

I installed the new version GO4 app 4.0.2. on one of android tablets and after 5 min of flying it discounted app from aircraft. I tried to restart app, but had to fly it home blind and from controller only. I will NOT fly the GO4 version 4.0.2 ever again.

*Downloading both TXT and DAT flight logs now to investigate further.

After researching the downloaded flight log data and converting it to a readable format, I found that most recent GO4 app update was NOT a cause for the flight disconnects I had experienced. I plan to post a separate thread as to what the cause was.

After researching the downloaded flight log data and converting it to a readable format, I found that most recent GO4 app update was NOT a cause for the flight disconnects I had experienced. I plan to post a separate thread as to what the cause was.

Android.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52