DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go4 app and device issues

Archie 851

Reactions
Hi all,
I know this subject has been asked many times before and I have read most of the posts but I can't find the answer
OK, so the last time I used my MP1 was on the 1st March in Cyprus and all was well. Last night I got the drone back out charged the batteries and the Controllers and decide to give it a test power up
All started fine, the AC and RC powered up fine and everything worked as expected, the phone was connected to the RC but the app didn't start up as usual so the app was started manually, this is where the problem started, the app on the phone didn't connect to the RC and so displayed a grey screen on the video.
After reading many similar posts I tried various different leads both in the charging port and the USB port so then I tried my 2nd controller, still a grey screen and no connection I then tried another device without any luck, I then checked to see if the firmware was up to date, Im clutching at straws now I thought, all was good so I got rid of the app from my phone and reloaded it still no video or connection between phone and app
I have exhausted my technical knowledge of these things and this is where I hope you guys may be able to help TIA Archie

@Archie 851 try a different SD card ,,have the drone off,go to the app then start the RC wait till it says RC connected on the screen then start the drone and see what happens if you are successful and go fly comes up in blue then once in the app screen i would do a compass and IMU calibration

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
@Archie 851 try a different SD card ,,have the drone off,go to the app then start the RC wait till it says RC connected on the screen then start the drone and see what happens if you are successful and go fly comes up in blue then once in the app screen i would do a compass and IMU calibration

Old man mavic, thanks for your reply unfortunately your advice didn't resolve the issue. When I entered the app and then started the RC the RC just kept trying to connect but as the AC was off it had nothing to connect too and it
didn't recognise the app. I think I must have a dead camera as even with the litchi app it says no camera connected
I do have the dji refresh cover so could see if it is covered with them although from what I've read it's not that great. I have contacted the company I purchased from and as its only 9 months old they said to send it back for a full refund so this may be the the best way forward

Reactions: old man mavic
Ok so after trying various different lead and connection options and also both my phone and tablet the Mrs suggested I try her phone so as a last option I downloaded the app logged in and switched on the controller and drone and bingo all was working fine so it looks like I have issues with both my phone and tablet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21