DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go4 App crash and Mavic Air controller

srchadwi

Reactions
Received the Air today. Looks real nice and handles beautifully. Test video looks great.

The only negative I have found so far is the lack of screen on the remote. Today the GO4 app crashed and I really felt like I was flying blind. With the Mavic Pro whenever this has happened I've still felt in total control and I've been able to carry on with the flight quite happily whilst I got the App running and connected again. With the Air I just didn't want to mess around as I had no data available on a screen so I just had to hit the RTH.

In an ideal world this is not a problem as the app should never crash. But unfortunately in my experience with the Mavic Pro and now the Air it sometimes does.

I also acknowledge that the RTH is there for such situations. But I actually like to fly it with manual control most of the time and I often move around such as when I'm on a boat. I just think it is a real shame that with the Air you don't get any of the flight data on the remote and have to rely on the GO4 app.

Definitely valid concern in regards to the RC not having any data screen, but more importantly you should find out why the App is "crashing". I've never had the Go app crash on me on any of my DJI platforms.

The same thing would happen on the phantom 3-4 series. I had a phantom before the mavic and never had a screen on the remote until the mavic arrived.
It wouldn’t surprise me if the new mavic 2 when it comes out doesn’t have a remote to cut down on costs.

Definitely valid concern in regards to the RC not having any data screen, but more importantly you should find out why the App is "crashing". I've never had the Go app crash on me on any of my DJI platforms.
I use an iphone 7 which is supposed to be compatible with the Pro and the Air. The App hasn't crashed that often and when it has I don't know why. Still, I've really enjoyed being able to fly the Mavic Pro without having to rely on any none DJI hardware. For someone who hasn't owned the Pro it won't feel like a backward step but for someone who has owned one it is a shame it's missing. I suppose it was necessary to bring it in at a cheaper price.

Everything else on the Air seems good though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom