DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go4 stopped connecting to Mavic

bsimon

Reactions
I was flying yesterday and the DJI Go4 app (newest version) completely locked up. I closed out of it and re-launched it, but then it wouldn't connect to the Mavic. It told me the RC was connected, but the app itself would not connect. I closed it down and reloaded it again, but this time it wouldn't even recognize that the RC was connected. I had to RTH to get the Mavic back.

The only way I know how to fix this is to uninstall the app completely and reinstall it, but it's hard to do that when you're in the middle of a flight!

I was flying yesterday and the DJI Go4 app (newest version) completely locked up. I closed out of it and re-launched it, but then it wouldn't connect to the Mavic. It told me the RC was connected, but the app itself would not connect. I closed it down and reloaded it again, but this time it wouldn't even recognize that the RC was connected. I had to RTH to get the Mavic back.

The only way I know how to fix this is to uninstall the app completely and reinstall it, but it's hard to do that when you're in the middle of a flight!

have you tried a different cable as I have had drop outs and it was the cable oddly.

Reactions: Bunny Too

Try 4.1.15.

In the field I have found that ~if the app crashes, 1) unplug the USB cable (I generally unplug the end going into the remote - it's easier to get to), 2) on Android, go into Apps and Force Stop DJI Go4, 3) with the RC on and the bird in flight, plug the USB cable back in, then 4) launch Go4, again. This protocol has worked well for me. But, as @Anthony said above - try a different cable as well. Oh, and as @Xtreme Drone Pilot said, roll back to 4.1.15. There hasn't been a stable version since...

NEED MORE DATA. What device are you using, what version of FW, what version of your OS, then maybe we can give you some realistic help, instead of guesses and speculation.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot

Just disconnect the lightning plug to Idevice, connect back and restart the app.

Other things;
replace the cable
Reboot the idevice and RC completely
Make sure only one cable is plugged into the rc , either plug in on the bottom, or on the side, but remove any cables from the other jack.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato