DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles + Autopilot??

rloginjon

Reactions
Has anyone been using dji goggles with 3rd party apps ? In particular Autopilot.

I don't expect to do anything but see the camera view and I've seen threads about using the goggles without a phone. But if I can frame through the goggles flip them up and set point on my phone using Autopilot then I will be very tempted to buy some.

Replying to my own message. Yes autopilot seems quite happy working alongside goggles. Tested in the DJI store confirmed working as expected back home - camera view visible through goggles so have the mission map open on the phone.

Only minor annoyance is the default remapping of C1 & C2 and the thumbstick.

Reactions: bloe2100
Rloginjon,

When you view the Autopilot screen within the goggles, do you see all the telemetry information? And can you record that full video in the goggles? I want to use the DJI goggles with Autopilot to run search & rescue missions, and need that full telemetry information recorded so that I can review it after the flight.

Just having the Mavic record the video leaves all of that good telemetry off. And I cannot use the IOS screen recorder because I am using Miracast to connect the Ipad table to a local 20" HDMI TV set. When you do screen mirroring, IOS prevents any built in screen recorder from working.

Thanks,
FF

You can only view the occusync transmission (camera view) on the goggles, so you get the usual battery/height/distance HUD but none of the more verbose autopilot telemetry overlaid on the goggle view - that stays on the iOS screen as that is where the app runs. But you don't lose any of the displayed information on the goggle screens.

I haven't tried recording the goggle view onto the SD card but so far there hasn't been any particular conflict between the two displays/controls (I usually lock the goggle controls though anyway) so it could work. Will have to try next time I am out.

Rloginjon,

When you view the Autopilot screen within the goggles, do you see all the telemetry information? And can you record that full video in the goggles? I want to use the DJI goggles with Autopilot to run search & rescue missions, and need that full telemetry information recorded so that I can review it after the flight.

Just having the Mavic record the video leaves all of that good telemetry off. And I cannot use the IOS screen recorder because I am using Miracast to connect the Ipad table to a local 20" HDMI TV set. When you do screen mirroring, IOS prevents any built in screen recorder from working.

Thanks,
FF

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf