DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles Integra vs Goggles 2

PAW

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Interested in adding goggles to my mini4P. For those of you who have used one or both:
I wear a size 8 hat and glasses.

Regarding comfortable fit and vision quality, which set is best suited for a pumpkin-headed near-sighted goblin?

Reactions: Richie1027
Hat size doesn't matter a bit... how your face is shaped is a lot more important to get a tight & comfortable fit without distracting light leaks. Yeah... you can buy 3:rd party replacement edge foams to improve it but that can in turn also mean that your eyes come further away from the lenses which can mean that you don't see the whole picture properly or that you can't get the entire view to be in focus (just test to back away your eyes from a ordinary binocular, & you understand what I mean). On top of this you can't wear any glasses inside the goggles, to little room for that. All this is for both the Goggles 2 & Integra.

What differs between these 2 goggles in the vision quality area though... is that the Goggles 2 have diopter adjustments, which if you're lucky can be enough for you to use them without your glasses. With the Integra you have to source lens inserts ( & maybe for the Goggles 2 also if the adjustment isn't enough).

Lens inserts--> DJI Goggles | Hons VR

Other differences not affecting view or comfort is that the Integra have a built in GPS receiver which can assist RID without any need to hook up your phone to the goggles to provide a position... the Integra also have a built in battery, so no need for a external battery with a usb cable.

In the end it will always be best if you can get the opportunity to test goggles in general for real... the fit is way to personal in order to just guide over a forum post.

You will not be able to replace the headstrap on teh Integra goggles due to the built-in battery and the wires in the strap.

Thanks. The prescription site looks like a good asset if going with the Integra.

I bought the Goggles 2 for the diopter adjustment. I wear glasses and my right eye is weaker (different prescription) than my left eye. I can use the Goggles 2 without my glasses with perfect vision.

Reactions: PAW and SWTSU
Last edited:
Reactions: mavic3usa
Now it’s time to get the Honsvr prescription lenses and you will have a fantastic view and they are pretty well priced. I have them for the Goggles 2 and the V2 goggles.

Also, they ship pretty fast from overseas.

Sounds like this makes the decision on which to get, more about the other features/functions.
Thanks!

Reactions: SWTSU
Goggles 2 have a battery that you can change out. Just get a short 6” cable and it works out very well vs the Integra has a battery built into the head strap, so if you have any issues with the Integra, you have to send the goggles back to dji for repair. The Goggle 2 batteries are fairly cheap too. I have seen them $25 on EBay and they are $38 on Amazon right now. It is nice to change it out when needed. If your battery runs down in the Integra goggles, you can use a power bank to fly, but then you have a cable hanging which was the argument for not getting the Goggles 2 in the first place.

The Integra goggles don’t need a cord to your phone for remote ID, but this is not a big deal. I think being a little inconvenienced with a wire, but having a good easily adjustable vision set up is more important than not having a cord hanging down.

Also, the Goggles 2 has built in speakers in which you can watch movies with them, whereas the Integra do not have the capability.

Both have head tracking (depending on drone), which is a cool feature especially when flying in tight spaces.

Here is an example of the short cable and headstrap for the Goggles 2 battery.

Adjustable Head Strap and Power Cable 30CM for DJI Avata Goggles 2, Power Charging Cable Replacement and Headband Strap for DJI Avata Pro-View Combo Goggles 2 Accessories(Not for FPV Goggles V2) Amazon.com

Sounds like this makes the decision on which to get, more about the other features/functions.
Thanks!
From your reaction it feels like you don't fully understand... the existence of Hons VR prescription inserts for the Goggle 2 doesn't make the 2's an obvious choice.

You can get Hons VR inserts for all DJI FPV goggles... the older Goggle V2, the newer Goggle 2 & the Integra.

So I would say that all other features & functions that differs between the goggles is what should make up your mind. Also bear in mind that even though the Goggle 2 have diopter adjustments that maybe can be enough for you (& you maybe could be able to use them without any inserts)... the diopter can't remedy other eyesight problems like astigmatism.

What you should evaluate is instead:

-Price difference

-External battery with separate cable, connected to the goggles (Goggle 2, not Integra)

-Your phone connected with separate usb cable to the goggles to provide a RID position (Goggle 2, not Integra)

-Built in speaker for movie watching (Goggle 2, not Integra)

-Replaceable head strap (Goggle 2, not Integra)

-And to some extent if you think it's enough... diopter adjustment -8 to +2 (Goggle 2, not Integra)

Last edited:
Reactions: PAW and SWTSU
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_