DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MINI 3 PRO + DJI RC + DJI GOGGLES (Integra) work w/out DJI RC Motion 2 ?

GMAN007

Reactions
I recently purchased a MINI 3 PRO + DJI RC. Overall (despite the mini size) - the gimbal, camera and flight control response are pretty good even under windy conditions.

I will admit that my eye-sight (or extended visual line of sight) at my old age is not the best. Combine a bright sunny day reflecting against the DJI RC display screen — I feel like I am practically flying blind :cool:...

When the MINI 3 PRO begins to look like a small “dot” in the skies, I have my finger close to the RTH button (LOL).

Hence my question: I thought about purchasing the Goggles (Integra), but I am not a huge fan of the DJI RC Motion 2 (just yet). I prefer to fly using the “sticks” — but I wonder if the Goggles without “binding” to a DJI RC Motion 2 is even an option? Is anybody using the Goggles with a conventional DJI RC ? Advance thanks for any solid advice…

Reactions: François Sutton
Apparently there is a hack out there which will accommodate you but it's it officially authorized. To be honest, the issues that mentioned won't be completely alleviated by the RC. The MC is an acquired taste and personally, I think this is a great opportunity to get to know the MC better while we wait for future compatibility. I've used it quite a bit and while I still prefer the RC for intense operations, the MC is not bad at all when it comes to FPV. And DJI isn't forcing the MC upon us trying to sell them off and get rid of them; quite the opposite, the MC2 is well-thought out and can be a pretty effective controller and DJI is trying to tell us that.

Reactions: GMAN007
Apparently there is a hack out there which will accommodate you but it's it officially authorized. To be honest, the issues that mentioned won't be completely alleviated by the RC. The MC is an acquired taste and personally, I think this is a great opportunity to get to know the MC better while we wait for future compatibility. I've used it quite a bit and while I still prefer the RC for intense operations, the MC is not bad at all when it comes to FPV. And DJI isn't forcing the MC upon us trying to sell them off and get rid of them; quite the opposite, the MC2 is well-thought out and can be a pretty effective controller and DJI is trying to tell us that.
Thanks for the advice. Despite the “thrill” of FPV flight ~ the goggles for me were more of a visual aid to orient and gauge location (distance) under conditions whereas the DJI RC’s screen is too difficult to view (i.e., intense bright day at the beach). I don’t normally fly far ~ but the “mini” size doesn’t get any easier when it comes to visual line of sight… Perhaps I might fetch the MC2 😉

Well I must admit, Flagstaff is giving Seattle a run for its money in the number of coffee shops per block. It has become the leading industry in town. One must balk at the price however. It seems the now 27,000 students here keep them all afloat. Then again, may also be why their student loans were so high, paying for the addictive fluid. Still if I don't get mine, good or bad, I am fairly useless.

The goggles are a different experience. I wanted them to try a new way to view rock walls. I am a geologist and am getting older. So rock climbing is sensibly a thing of the past, I am a bit too delicate now should I hit the ground in an un-expected manner. I found I really could not tell what was going on on the tiny screen of even the RC Pro controller. It does work, but precision flying requires practice and the neutral point can be easily upset by unintended movement of the hand holding the controller. You can release the sticks, even put down the RC and the drone stays where it is. A little more going on with the Motion Controller. More so if you enable head control.

Hey, it is an evolving ecosystem. This stuff keeps getting better! The Mini 3 Pro is so small that it is challenging to keep it in sight. I have 20/12 vision and was a Navy pilot, accustom to picking out tiny fast movers in the sky, kind of a survival skill. Still a challenge with this tiny sucker.

Dogpilot - Your comment re: FLG gave me a good chuckle ! Roger that - the "stuff" keeps getting better when it comes to DJI. I made the switch from the Mavic 2 Pro to the Mini 3 Pro (aka - tiny sucker). I guess our respective ages doesn't get any easier when it comes to our eye sight (LOL) ! Thanks for the reply and your honest candor. I have a pretty good idea what I want to do next :) . Safe flying my friend ! Go NAVY !

Attachments

• DJI MINI 3 PRO SIDE.jpg
    DJI MINI 3 PRO SIDE.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 14
Mine is quite plain, I just put some reflective stickers in dots on the sides to help find it at night. My other beast just got a new paint job. It is the lead aircraft in the Northern Arizona Costal Air Defense. I wish the Navy still had Seaplanes when I was in they are a blast! Put it back on its wheels at the moment. Lakes around here got pitifully small lately.
206 New Paint.2.jpg
When I had it in India, not going back there anytime soon.
206 (original).jpg

Reactions: PointG and GMAN007
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne