DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles? Oh yes I did!

J-Dog

Reactions
I guess I just had to. They came with no charge at all but it looks like its charging OK. Looking forward to trying them out, with the props off. I'll be walking around like a little kid with a toy airplane going "zoom zoom"!1545942988974~2.jpeg

Attachments

• 20181227_152819~2.jpeg
    20181227_152819~2.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20181227_152819~2.jpeg
    20181227_152819~2.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 1545942988974~2.jpeg
    1545942988974~2.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: sgrinavi
Congratulations on the goggles! I’ve been undecided for almost a year.
What made you choose the white ones over the newer RE edition?
What do you think will be the biggest advantage to having the goggles.

Thanks in advance for your answers. I should just go buy them and be done with!

Reactions: WAXMAN and J-Dog
Well, I got into drones because I saw a video and thought it was so cool. The more I get into it the more I want the things and stuff the go along with it to make it better. The goggles looked like a whole new experience. I, like everyone else, want to feel like I am flying and with these I'm gonna get as close as I can without brain emplants and going to "Total Recall" for the memory of a lifetime. So far I've only hooked em up and walked around. Ran my shoulders into some walls. Had the lady put em in while I walked around. She was in awe. They are really cool. Watched a ton of videos as I still do with the MPP. I'm not quite ready to take off with goggles on yet. But I'm getting there. I'll post more when I get the guts to put it up in the air.

Reactions: John MacAulay
Congratulations on the goggles! I’ve been undecided for almost a year.
What made you choose the white ones over the newer RE edition?
What do you think will be the biggest advantage to having the goggles.

Thanks in advance for your answers. I should just go buy them and be done with!

I have used the original all white DJI goggles for over a year, now. There is no drone flying experience like it.

You can fly in the brightest day light, and there is zero glare, ever.

The battery lasts for six hours, so....

The goggle experience is not for everyone, but I love flying with them.

I recommend you try an inexpensive alternatives to see if you will like the immersive goggle experience. The Litchi app and a cheap VR headset will help make the decision. If you like it, splurge. The DJI Goggles are far superior to the cheap set up, and a good used set can be had for half the original price.

I don't use many of the intelligent flight modes, but my understanding is that not all are available when using the goggles. Just so you know. If you use IFM, do some research and determine if you will lose too much.

For me, the only draw back to the goggles is that you will be so immersed in the experience that you may feel vulnerable to the outside world. You could lift the front half up, and look around, and I suppose I should, but it's so immersive that I get lost in it, and never do.

Flying a mavic pro with the DJI goggles is a great escape, and well worth it.

Occasionally, I toy with the idea of buying the Moverio BT-300 FPV, but I always back off. I can't imagine how a projected image could compare to the immersive affect of the goggles. What I would appreciate is the ability to look around me, but all the additional hardware, and set up, seems like more work than the less immersive experience is worth.

Last edited:
I have used the original all white DJI goggles for over a year, now. There is no drone flying experience like it.

You can fly in the brightest day light, and there is zero glare, ever.

The battery lasts for six hours, so....

The goggle experience is not for everyone, but I love flying with them.

I recommend you try an inexpensive alternatives to see if you will like the immersive goggle experience. The Litchi app and a cheap VR headset will help make the decision. If you like it, splurge. The DJI Goggles are far superior to the cheap set up, and a good used set can be had for half the original price.

I don't use many of the intelligent flight modes, but my understanding is that not all are available when using the goggles. Just so you know. If you use IFM, do some research and determine if you will lose too much.

For me, the only draw back to the goggles is that you will be so immersed in the experience that you may feel vulnerable to the outside world. You could lift the front half up, and look around, and I suppose I should, but it's so immersive that I get lost in it, and never do.

Flying a mavic pro with the DJI goggles is a great escape, and well worth it.

Occasionally, I toy with the idea of buying the Moverio BT-300 FPV, but I always back off. I can't imagine how a projected image could compare to the immersive affect of the goggles. What I would appreciate is the ability to look around me, but all the additional hardware, and set up, seems like more work than the less immersive experience is worth.

Thanks! That’s a very convincing description! Perhaps the best one I’ve read yet. I think you may have sold me. Just as John MacAulay said, I’ve had them in and out of my Amazon cart over and over and over again.

Do you experience any loss of signal range using the goggles?

Thanks,
Paul

Reactions: J-Dog
My wife spoiled me at Christmas and got me the goggles.She'd also spoiled me a few months earlier with the Mavic Pro Platinum after a Spark "fly away" incident.

Only used the goggles one time so far (3 Mavic batteries worth) and all i can say is Wow! Not sure how it would be possible to go back to a plain old tablet view now!

My wife spoiled me at Christmas and got me the goggles.She'd also spoiled me a few months earlier with the Mavic Pro Platinum after a Spark "fly away" incident.

Only used the goggles one time so far (3 Mavic batteries worth) and all i can say is Wow! Not sure how it would be possible to go back to a plain old tablet view now!

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been on the fence about the goggles for a year. I love hearing people’s impressions both good and bad. Thank you for sharing yours!

I feel the same way. Kick back in my lawn chair and fly away.
Her and I have to take turns wearing the goggles. Now I have to get another set for her.

Well, I got into drones because I saw a video and thought it was so cool. The more I get into it the more I want the things and stuff the go along with it to make it better. The goggles looked like a whole new experience. I, like everyone else, want to feel like I am flying and with these I'm gonna get as close as I can without brain emplants and going to "Total Recall" for the memory of a lifetime. So far I've only hooked em up and walked around. Ran my shoulders into some walls. Had the lady put em in while I walked around. She was in awe. They are really cool. Watched a ton of videos as I still do with the MPP. I'm not quite ready to take off with goggles on yet. But I'm getting there. I'll post more when I get the guts to put it up in the air.
Ive bought these this week havent actually tried them yet weather here in dublin is **** , i also am getting a double drop system expensive 135usd and a few parachute toy men to drop , also got a attachment for around the drone for adding lights or extra camera but i got it for lights , and led propellers that u can change the writing on be good for halloween night with happy halloween in the props

Ive bought these this week havent actually tried them yet weather here in dublin is **** , i also am getting a double drop system expensive 135usd and a few parachute toy men to drop , also got a attachment for around the drone for adding lights or extra camera but i got it for lights , and led propellers that u can change the writing on be good for halloween night with happy halloween in the props
Since I wrote that post I've flown numerous times with the goggles. It is awesome. It's like sitting in the drone flying. I just got lights for the Mavic. I might try flying in the evening with em on. Just to see if I can see.

Reactions: built4thekil
Sounds good i havent got the lights yet but on the way and as soon as i get the weather ill try the googles thanks for the info

Since I wrote that post I've flown numerous times with the goggles. It is awesome. It's like sitting in the drone flying. I just got lights for the Mavic. I might try flying in the evening with em on. Just to see if I can see.
Just tested out the googles they are amazing the quality is good and i felt more confident flying u really do feel like a bird no crashes to my name yet thank god

Reactions: J-Dog and careless
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato