DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles replacing Go4 App

gcopter1

Reactions
Can you fly your drone, with just the goggles or, would I need a cellphone or tablet at some point?

Really ??

• Sad
Reactions: passedpawn
In case you're wondering, yes, I know you need the controller to actually fly the drone. My question deals with the possibility of not having to have another device running the app and instead, just using the goggles.

I learned the hard way and tied flying with just the goggles and in the attempt to get the shot I backed in to the house next door. If you fly with just the goggles you risk crashing into things. Backing up, going right or left, and up and down are all blind spots, even going forward you have a limited view for how close you maybe to a killer twig out side your field of vision. If you have a spotter with you and you are sitting down you can be a bit safer but line of sight will save you a lot of issues that the goggles don’t offer. I use the goggles for some of my customers to sit down and see the shot and help them get what they want so they are happy with the final product.

While you can fly with just the goggles, as @Roger_that mentioned you are limited to what you can see. Furthermore, in some countries (USA) to fly legally you must keep the aircraft with VLOS or use a spotter.

Can you fly your drone, with just the goggles or, would I need a cellphone or tablet at some point?
I have the RE goggles. If you are flying a Mavic Pro the goggles connect direct. Spark, Phantom 4 Mavic Air require a phone to set up the flight, then disconnect it from the controller and connect a long USB cable from the remote to the goggles and way you go.

Reactions: gcopter1
With the Mavic Air you can only use one at a time, the goggles or your phone/tablet. With the Air you connect the goggles to the controller using a USB cable. And you don't get the flight logs. The goggles DO have logs that you can download using dji Assistant, but I haven't figured out any way to do anything with them.

Reactions: gcopter1

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman