DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles turned up but.........

I too had issues during the activation process with the goggles. It is not apparent that you have to be signed into your DJI account inside the DJI GO app. If you're not signed into the app with your DJI account, the activation mysteriously fails.
Hope this helps people going through the same issue.

I started a new thread trying to help folks having issues activating their goggles on mobile devices.
Having problems linking or activating your new goggles ?

Like the new DJI Go app update this week, the Goggle already came with the latest firmware. You can’t do anything if you not login to DJI account. DJI need to keep track of where you fly when you fly, so those data can pass to local authorities if necessary.

Like the new DJI Go app update this week, the Goggle already came with the latest firmware. You can’t do anything if you not login to DJI account. DJI need to keep track of where you fly when you fly, so those data can pass to local authorities if necessary.

Actually the CEO of DJI confirmed on twitter that this is not the case. It's simply a new API, so you need to login once.

Actually the CEO of DJI confirmed on twitter that this is not the case. It's simply a new API, so you need to login once.

Of course he go to said that, he can’t tell you straight that we are going to monitor you, right? We all know over HK and China area what they go to do.

My goggles weren't the latest firmware. I updated them via Assistant 2.

Reactions: BillinAnchorage
Goggle was just shipped out last weekend... so even not the LATEST which suppose very new...

I doubt it's for new monitoring. They already have your complete flights. It's just a backend API change to a new login system. Who knows, but I wouldn't be to worried about it. They already know all the flights you ever took.

I doubt it's for new monitoring. They already have your complete flights. It's just a backend API change to a new login system. Who knows, but I wouldn't be to worried about it. They already know all the flights you ever took.

Sorry to let you know but this is definitely for the monitoring, at least for China! They will put in the new API once detect you are in certain country like China, it will immediately prompt for mobile number register with online security code. This will happen in every single flight!

Sorry to let you know but this is definitely for the monitoring, at least for China! They will put in the new API once detect you are in certain country like China, it will immediately prompt for mobile number register with online security code. This will happen in every single flight!
So what happens when you are outside of an area with cell coverage for a verification text? You cant fly at all? This is silly

So what happens when you are outside of an area with cell coverage for a verification text? You cant fly at all? This is silly

Remember thats for China only. And you do have a point, but I seriously don’t think they give a ****. Lets see what go to happen as the new regulations start effective on 1 June.

I agree with you all. I wear glasses. (progressives) They don't do enough. I went out to the dollar store and got a pair of cheappies that would focus at about 8 inches. Much better, not perfect. A little disappointed in DJI for this. They usually deliver a top notch product.

Mine seem a bit blured too i dont wear glasses so got someone young to try them on and they were blurred too with them if i move them about in my face i can get them to become clear im going to try reading glasses. I really love them apart from that its like you are flying for real

I agree with you all. I wear glasses. (progressives) They don't do enough. I went out to the dollar store and got a pair of cheappies that would focus at about 8 inches. Much better, not perfect. A little disappointed in DJI for this. They usually deliver a top notch product.

Progressives are never going to work as your eyes have to scan up/down ,left/right too much to cover the screen . I had several pairs of reading glasses here in different strengths and the +1.75 worked perfectly . Buy the biggest lens available . I use the old aviation style reading glasses to keep from seeing the frame and I can't even tell I have them on inside the goggles .

Reactions: macvipersd
...... I think I must be the only one who is a little unimpressed. Firstly, I had an absolute nightmare trying to activate the goggles. Kept going through the sequence only for it to fail at the last hurdle each time. Tried to get some help online, but both this forum, and the phantom forum, were both down for me, and google yielded nothing. After a lot of faffing about, I eventually downloaded Assistant 2. Once downloaded, I then needed 3 attempts, but I eventually got there. Assistant 2 isn't the most intuitive pieces of software I've ever used, and there was no help coming from the goggles manual.

The goggles themselves seem quite heavy. When they are "flipped up", they feel very precarious. If I were to look up, I'd fully expect the goggles to go a-tumbling. It's probably due to my head shape/size. Also, when I attempt to adjust the headband, it pivots the goggles away from my face allowing light to stream in. So I cannot get a good compromise between sight and fit at the moment. The advertised 280-odd inch screen, viewed from 3 metres away, seems a tad optimistic too. To me it feels no bigger than my 55" telly, viewed from 2 metres away. Not bad, but certainly not the imax experience people have been alluding to.

More worrying, is that without wearing my reading glasses, everything is a blurry mess. I thought that they had a focal point some distance away. I don't wear glasses for general use, as my eyesight is fine. I have owned Fat Sharks, and currently own an Oculus Rift. Both are pin-sharp without glasses. I really feel that, for £499, they could have included focus adjustment , not just IPD.

It's quite windy here at present, so I have only had a little hovering session. Maybe I shall fall in love with them when I fly the Mavic properly.
I agree with both the fit and the vision part. I wear progressive lenses and cannot come close to focusing properly on the screen. Just got them today so we shall see if they live up to the hype.

Mine won't activate. They link but hangs on activation with a message in Chinese on my mobile device

I just got another email from B&H photo today that my order is still backordered.

Should I cancel? Sounds like even though I have near-perfect vision, it would still be atrocious. Or should I just get some aviation-style reading glasses as suggested by rydfree?

What I really want is something for my buddy to wear instead of looking over my shoulder or being outright bored, and most of my friends wear glasses. Is there something better?

If I were you, I'd leave the order in place. The overwhelming majority of people are impressed with them. If, for any reason, you don't get along with them, then just whop them on eBay. Judging by current prices, you won't lose anything. Call it a free trial :)

People with glasses shouldn't expect that the goggles will work for everyone. It's crazy to assume that.

They by in large fit and work amazing. People having activation issues are people not reading the directions.

Version 2.0 isn't coming soon, nor will they be much different. In order to get the functionality and quality these give you is extremely hard to find.

Reactions: rigor
Put a headband on or jam a sock in it. LMAO

I just received mine tonight. I am a short lady with a narrow head and I tried putting a baseball cap on backwards to keep it from falling off. The headband sounds like a good idea.

I'm charging the battery now as mine was completely dead. Is it normal to be on yellow? The instruction said something about red yellow then green but nothing else is flashing. Very confusing instructions.

Reactions: Jaysjob
I just got another email from B&H photo today that my order is still backordered.

Should I cancel? Sounds like even though I have near-perfect vision, it would still be atrocious. Or should I just get some aviation-style reading glasses as suggested by rydfree?

What I really want is something for my buddy to wear instead of looking over my shoulder or being outright bored, and most of my friends wear glasses. Is there something better?
I cancelled my b&h photo order this morning due to the focus issue for those of us that need readers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry from ok