DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles without a Phone ?

skypros

Reactions
With a Mavic Pro and the DJI Goggles..... is a Phone required??

I think the answer is no...... But without a phone, you will not get maps??

I think you need the phone/tablet connected, otherwise you will not get any of the advanced flight modes etc.....but still valid question if you can fly without a smart device connected.

You have access to the intelligent flight modes in the goggles menu system including fixed wing mode. You also have full camera settings and RTH along with a whole host of other options. I am pretty sure it is designed that you can fly without a Phone or Tablet. The only question is what small features are missing from the goggles. Things like NFZ maps etc.

I expect DJI will eventually add these features via goggle firmware updates.

Rob

I hope your right but all throughout the users manual it references ensuring you are on the latest Go 4 app so it leads me to believe it uses the app to control the flight modes etc.....although you can directly interface with them via the goggles......maybe one of the lucky few that have them already can confirm...

Edit: I just pinged Alex Assenmacher (We Talk UAV) asking him to confirm. Will let you know what he says.

Last edited:
A phone is only required to 'unlock' the resrtriction of 30m high and 50m out. I unplug the phone after homepoint update.

After your initial "Brand new Mavic first time setup", you don't need the phone to use the goggles. Someone else can chime in on what features might be missing. I thought I saw the map in my goggles, but I could be wrong....(I don't use/need that feature)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry from ok