DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going to San Fran any good places to shoot?

Mavic626

Reactions
Hi, Im going to San Francisco this weekend and looking for any recommendations of places to fly. I am still new to the mavic and looking to not fly over any water, but I would like to get some cool shots. I really don't want to attract too much attention so any places where I will not get messed with by rangers/law enforcement would be helpful!

Reactions: Fly4grub
Stay away from Golden Gate bridge, it is a not fly zone. I've heard they have rangers harassing drone operators. It is located inside class B airspace.

Lol video from my mavic[emoji4] I figured the golden gate was off limits but anything else interesting around there"

B4UFLY and airmap will give you conflicting NFZs. B4UFLY will show you that you're restricted almost everywhere on the peninsula. usually, I just take the drive south past half moon bay to fly. I don't know if that's a possibility for you, hopefully it is. enjoy your stay!

Sure! Right across the Bay here in Oakland! Be sure to visit lovely East Oakland there will be lots to video!

Just don't get shot down!

Go across the Golden Gate Bridge to the Marin Headlands. You will get some really amazing video from there.

Golden Gate park would be nice too. Plus there are a ton of off the beaten paths you can launch from, which should limit any attention.

I would definitely check out the B4UFLY app, as mentioned in previous posts.

Everything on the north and west coast of the San Francisco peninsula is all part of the Golden Gate national park as well as most of the Marin Headlands is a no fly zone. Most of the strategic spots you could takeoff to skirt past those restrictions will take you out over water.

Do yourself a favor and don't wast your time with the b4ufly app. It's a joke. AirMap is superior and a better resource. Rumors are that FAA will be using AirMap for their official system in the near future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc