DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Golfing Video Shot with Mavic Mini

tbgame

Reactions
Decided to test the Mavic Mini for shooting a Golfing Video at my local course. All footage shot with the Mavic Mini and you can see how well it holds up hovering in some strong winds.

Took around 35 minutes to film - much easier if I had someone else controlling the drone or taking the Golf Shots!

**Apologies for the terrible shot tracer attempts!**

the mm did a good job in that wind considering its size

Thumbswayup

I have been thinking of taking mine out for this (although it's a M2P so a bit larger) - 35 minutes on a Par 4 is pretty crazy so I assume the course was empty or a huge gap between those behind you. I dig the angles and setup and agree that it did well for the wind (the flag was showing it).

I looked into the Shot Tracer app which seems fine for closer shots but on a 300yd drive - the visibility of a golf ball to the small camera sensor size of the phone seems limiting. It seems you grab the video (via tripod or something very stable with phone, then go back into the app and do markups for impact and end locations). I work where we do the shot tracking and trace already (in the golf industry), so being able to incorporate one of my favorite hobbies into flying and filming is great.

Did the course you were at "know" about the filming or did you covertly do it? How about any airspace issues limiting flying? I want to get behind a buddy and do a running flyover of him as he hits his drive and fly with the ball (knowing I can't keep up to the shot) but at least get a great perspective as it flies and lands. Pretty easy to judge the distance I'd need to fly knowing club distances.. You picked up some great shots and I can imagine how much easier it would be if it wasn't you alone there.

Very nice - keep them coming (from another golfer and drone pilot)!!

Thanks for sharing!
Jason

Just checked out the course online and just saw you are in AU. Hole 15 is way out there compared to the clubhouse so that seems like the ideal spot to try it! Very cool - we have TONS of houses bordering the courses around here so I'll have to pay closer attention while we are out and look at playing some courses where this is possible.

Nice!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinstonH