DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gonna sell my DJI Googles RE

mexner

Reactions
Hi,
I don't yet have 10 posts - allowing me to post in the "classifieds" forum, so I'm building my #'s. I loved the thought of sharing the experience of flying my drone with my kids and family which is why I purchased the DJI Googles RE. But the reality is, the family wants to "fly" the drone, not watch. So I'm left with these DJI Googles RE collecting dust and not being used. I've literally used them less than a dozen times. They worked great for me, despite reading how others have issues.

Has anyone else bought them with high expectations - only to realize the reality is different? I'm not suggesting the quality or craftsmanship is sub-par, it's everything it should be. But I've just seen my reality is very different than what I thought it would be, now having these RE in my hands and using them. They just don't seem to be as practical in my situation as I had thought they would be. I'm sure many of you - have tremendous success and love them.... just my story and two cents.

So - I'm looking to sell them soon, as soon as I can reach 10 posts and list them on the "classifieds" forum.
How has your experience been?

Hi,
I don't yet have 10 posts - allowing me to post in the "classifieds" forum, so I'm building my #'s. I loved the thought of sharing the experience of flying my drone with my kids and family which is why I purchased the DJI Googles RE. But the reality is, the family wants to "fly" the drone, not watch. So I'm left with these DJI Googles RE collecting dust and not being used. I've literally used them less than a dozen times. They worked great for me, despite reading how others have issues.

Has anyone else bought them with high expectations - only to realize the reality is different? I'm not suggesting the quality or craftsmanship is sub-par, it's everything it should be. But I've just seen my reality is very different than what I thought it would be, now having these RE in my hands and using them. They just don't seem to be as practical in my situation as I had thought they would be. I'm sure many of you - have tremendous success and love them.... just my story and two cents.

So - I'm looking to sell them soon, as soon as I can reach 10 posts and list them on the "classifieds" forum.
Just bought mine. Haven't tried them yet as I have had an issue with my vision and focusing. Purchased the DJI lens inserts and am now waiting for the pony Express to deliver them. Ultra slow response by the supplier to ship them. I have high expectations once I get the lens inserts.

I sold mine due to not being able to have VLOS. I'm a one-man operation with no spotter.

Hi,

My experience has been the same...I think maybe we were hoping for a VR experience which these are not...I get a better view on my 9 1/2 inch tablet...especially with the sun-hood on. Like you, I thought it was a good idea at the time and now it's just sitting in the trunk of my car. I won't sell mine though...just in case somebody will want the visual experience...because Nobody gets to fly either one of my drones. ;)

I sold mine due to not being able to have VLOS. I'm a one-man operation with no spotter.
Have you had the experience I've had where none of my friends are interested in drones, the wife is not interested in drones. I've met a few people who have drones but it is near impossible to hook up with them to go fly. I'm retired most are not. Is it possible to fly w/o a spotter?

Have you had the experience I've had where none of my friends are interested in drones, the wife is not interested in drones. I've met a few people who have drones but it is near impossible to hook up with them to go fly. I'm retired most are not. Is it possible to fly w/o a spotter?

If you're asking if it's possible to fly while wearing the RE Googles without a spotter, the answer is YES, it's possible, but not legal (or safe IMHO)

I may have to do the same, and I haven't even flown once! With the vision requirement, and all the government regulation, it is becoming clear that it isn't worth it. I want to stay legal. I fly solo always.

My experience has been the same...I think maybe we were hoping for a VR experience which these are not...I get a better view on my 9 1/2 inch tablet...especially with the sun-hood on. Like you, I thought it was a good idea at the time and now it's just sitting in the trunk of my car. I won't sell mine though...just in case somebody will want the visual experience...because Nobody gets to fly either one of my drones. ;)
Can you let me know which tablet and sunhood? I'm currently debating if I want a tablet setup or to get something like the dji goggles as the text on my phone is tiny and so using the menus, especially in the sun is difficult. I was also curious if the full menu was avaliable via the goggles.

Only running the mavic air as my first drone, so I know with the goggles I would have to plug into my controller. I'm talking about the original white dji goggles as I think they are the only ones that work with air.

Ok, the verdict is in. I've tried using the lens inserts to no avail. I am uncomfortable with the weight of, the fit of, and the lack of clarity of the screen due to my particular vision issues. I am posting my DJI goggles for sale. I've not flown with them. The previous owner used them twice. These are virtually new.

What price are you wanting for the goggles? Are they still for sale? Thanks.
I finally went out and used the goggles this morning with the prescription glasses I ordered. My IPD(PD) value falls outside the supported parameters of the goggles, hence it makes it less than ideal for me. Yes, the goggles are for sale now. I am asking $300+shipping.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54