DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good Deal on iPad Mini 4 128gb

I just hotspot to by Galaxy S8 and get the maps or if I know where I am going to fly I pre-cache them on the ipad at home.
I do that too. I set cache to true and scroll around so the maps get pre-loaded in theory but it still seems the maps are slow. They appear to refresh as a ripple down the screen. It does seem that you need to have the phone connected when you fire it up so it can get a precision location. After that you can shut it down.

So, what can't I do if I have a tablet without GPS?

I usually don't use the maps, other than to see the path to homepoint when I'm far away. I don't need a map loaded for that, do I? It's just a bearing back to me.

Other than that I think all my flight is using the GPS in the Mavic.

Asking in case I'm missing something obvious. I'd like to get the Mini. My iPhone 7+ screen is too small in sunlight. Hoping a larger screen will be better.

For those still sitting on the fence BestBuy currently have the 128gb Mini 4 for only $275. That's even better than the deal I got for mine just a few weeks ago ($299). Do it. Do it now. :D
Thank you!! had been looking for a good deal on an ipad 4 mini with some room for several weeks. Picked this up today to complete my mavic rig.

Reactions: LongRifle
For those still sitting on the fence BestBuy currently have the 128gb Mini 4 for only $275. That's even better than the deal I got for mine just a few weeks ago ($299). Do it. Do it now. :D
Sounds like a sweet deal. What, if any, planning/flight features do you lose by using an iPad mini that doesn't have wireless connectivity?

Sounds like a sweet deal. What, if any, planning/flight features do you lose by using an iPad mini that doesn't have wireless connectivity?

I never use those features, but I hear you just simply cache the maps ahead of time or use your smartphone as a wifi hotspot out in the field.

Do you know this app ?? Apparently we can use the GPS inside the iPhone with the IPad mini 4 wifi ! So follow me and new home point should work or am I wrong ??View attachment 18519

View attachment 18520
ada47301545e400f47ccb5ea2e304e26.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest