DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good upgrade from Phantom 4?

@rctoyguy welcome to the forum,to try to compare the two drones is like comparing a modern high spec car to a 10 year old model,they are both capable vehicles
to get back to the drones ,they have similar capabilities ,but in very different packages
they both fly using the same systems to control them, but with the improvements that have been developed
one is large and bulky to transport ,the other is compact and easier to transport
i suppose the biggest difference lies in the advances that have been made to the Automatic flight programs that the MA2 now has
the camera is different and only time will tell if it lives up to the hype

I mean based on camera specs, should the MA2 be about the same, slightly better, much better, etc? As for flight characteristics, I've been wary of the smaller drones because I figured they wouldn't handle wind as well - is that true? Transporting? no brainer... Flight modes, are the newer drones solid (do the modes actually work, etc)?

I mean based on camera specs, should the MA2 be about the same, slightly better, much better, etc? As for flight characteristics, I've been wary of the smaller drones because I figured they wouldn't handle wind as well - is that true? Transporting? no brainer... Flight modes, are the newer drones solid (do the modes actually work, etc)?

Mavic Air should be an upgrade in most cases, however you are losing the 1” sensor if that was a big deal to you, maybe if you do a lot of lower light photography/videography. Although the MA2 is indeed lighter, you must remember that the Phantoms have more surface area, meaning that the wind theoretically blows them around more easily... however they stay steady due to their higher weight. I havent had a problem with wind resistance with my M1P, and the MA2 is a little smaller but still close. Only time will tell, but i think it will perform well in wind.

because of the newness of the MA2, its the specs that have the biggest difference, and are only really important if Automated flight is a big consideration when purchasing a new drone
any drone will struggle in very windy conditions its not really just down to weight but the drones ability to fly fast enough to overcome the speed of the wind,
the MM although being very light ,just didnt have the power to fly into the wind at quite low wind speeds and that is its archillies heel

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece