DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Gorthgarsdale Beck, Honister Pass, Lake District

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
The second edited video from a Drone day out with other viewers of the Drone Show Live, captured on Wednesday this week - actually the 4th location of 6 flown, but I'm not editing them in order...

Anyhows, some AIR 3 and AVATA fun, flying low over the beck and under the bridge...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another awesome video!

One thing I do not understand is how these FPV drones are able to go through 'tunnels' with out going doodle alley.
Do they lose GPS and go to VPS only ?
What about control signal ?
Alex Markov does the same sort of thing.
There's a much bigger arch bridge near me, it must be 20ft x 20ft x 30ft and I would love to send a mini through it and that's stood looking straight through the arch, but I have never had the bottle to try.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
One thing I do not understand is how these FPV drones are able to go through 'tunnels' with out going doodle alley.
Do they lose GPS and go to VPS only ?
What about control signal ?
Alex Markov does the same sort of thing.
There's a much bigger arch bridge near me, it must be 20ft x 20ft x 30ft and I would love to send a mini through it and that's stood looking straight through the arch, but I have never had the bottle to try.
They do have sensors underneath if the satellite signal is blocked, but tbh if you fly in with enough speed you are generally ok...

I have had the AVATA through smaller gaps, but not so long, the only reason I gve this a go was a friend had just done it..

Flying a MINI under a bridge is fun, and a large bridge gap should be fine, I have flown under several with the MINI3 Pro without issue... Take a look at the Falls of Bruar, Blairgowrie and the Invermoriston Falls ideo's on my channel...

Very nice! I have to learn how to do videos one day since I have the gear to do it.
Lots of great tutorials on YT :)

I only started video's when I got the MINI3 Pro, which is just under 2 years ago...

Beautifully flown! The beck (I had to look it up) is really nice! Nice flying through the bridge. I chuckled a bit when you were coming back. I was thinking since you drive opposite of us Americans, you should have flown the left tunnel. (Yes, I have a weird brain) As usual, everything was very smooth, up to and including you removing your goggles and reaching out for the Avata. Great job!

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Beautifully flown! The beck (I had to look it up) is really nice! Nice flying through the bridge. I chuckled a bit when you were coming back. I was thinking since you drive opposite of us Americans, you should have flown the left tunnel. (Yes, I have a weird brain) As usual, everything was very smooth, up to and including you removing your goggles and reaching out for the Avata. Great job!
Thank you kindly.. I chose the rh side as it was easier to line up from both sides, so flying up the river I flew the same side... It's in the longer edit here...

Reactions: Prop Wash
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint