DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got my 107 Recurrent cert

maggior

Reactions
Since the new recurrent Part 107 course and test was posted I thought I'd give it a try today. I am so glad I did! I knew the test was shorter than the initial 107 test, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was easier. The questions were based mostly, if not all, on the material covered in the training. Glad I took notes because they asked some specific numbers I would not have remembered. No sectional maps, no decoding METARS, etc.

You have to get 100% and I got a 98% initially. My next pleasant surprise was I was shown which question I had gotten wrong and I had an opportunity to correct it. It was a tricky one but I got it.

I don't plan on doing any night flying, but if I am so inspired one day, I can once I get the necessary light.

I haven't even gotten my official Part 107 cert in the mail yet, but now I have an extra month. I took my initial 107 test at the end of last month.

I did mine today as well, the part 61/107 version. Did you have issues with the page just hanging and having to reload? Did this an annoying number of times during the 3 modules.

Reactions: maggior
I did mine today as well, the part 61/107 version. Did you have issues with the page just hanging and having to reload? Did this an annoying number of times during the 3 modules.
I didn't have a problem during the training or test, but after I was done I had it email my cert to my home email. Glad I did because I go knocked out at that point! I probably could have found it on the site, but I just printed it our from the link in the email. I was afraid I was going to have to take it again!

Since the new recurrent Part 107 course and test was posted I thought I'd give it a try today. I am so glad I did! I knew the test was shorter than the initial 107 test, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was easier. The questions were based mostly, if not all, on the material covered in the training. Glad I took notes because they asked some specific numbers I would not have remembered. No sectional maps, no decoding METARS, etc.

You have to get 100% and I got a 98% initially. My next pleasant surprise was I was shown which question I had gotten wrong and I had an opportunity to correct it. It was a tricky one but I got it.

I don't plan on doing any night flying, but if I am so inspired one day, I can once I get the necessary light.

I haven't even gotten my official Part 107 cert in the mail yet, but now I have an extra month. I took my initial 107 test at the end of last month.
Can you do training without taking test?

The FAA has done at least one good thing in getting rid of the testing centers for the recurrent at least. I had an uncomfortable experience with my Part 107 initial. Rude proctor and poor lighting plus I misplaced my glasses, so trying to read graphs with low light and no glasses, I did a lot of guessing but still passed. This way of doing it now makes sense and they can still instill in the student the important things they want to pass on.

Did you just use the FAA online study info... or other? I am curious because I need to re-up my 107 soon and have the lifetime Remote Pilot 101 and wondering if the FAA stuff might be more specific to the retest?

Did you just use the FAA online study info... or other? I am curious because I need to re-up my 107 soon and have the lifetime Remote Pilot 101 and wondering if the FAA stuff might be more specific to the retest?

I used the FAA online study info and took notes. Taking notes was important for me because there were some specific numbers I wouldn't have remembered. It was mostly focused on the new guidelines regarding night flight and flying over people, but there were some questions from the old test. I would say the FAA stuff is more specific to the test.

You have to get 100% and I was given an opportunity to correct one answer I got wrong. Not sure how it would have been if I had multiple wrong or if I put in incorrect answers the second time.

It's free so I think it's worth trying it with just the FAA material.

I took mine last week. Got the Certificate. I found the training valuable. I brushed up on everything prior to taking the test, just makes sense to go back over the basics. It is easy to forget a few small things, things that you don't routinely use. Finished in about 20 minutes, but I was prepared for more. good for another two years...awaiting the Radio ID modules and ships. Certainly not buying anything new right now, I will wait for the new ones.

Just completed my exam. Missed one question, which I got right on the next try. Went through the training course and immediately took the exam. Good to go for night flying and another two years!

Just completed my exam. Missed one question, which I got right on the next try. Went through the training course and immediately took the exam. Good to go for night flying and another two years!
10-4. Read through Practice Exam once. Kept one window of practice exam open while taking recurrent exam on another window. Only referred back to practice exam twice. Did get one question wrong. No biggie.

Reactions: Kyle76
Still not sure what happens if you get more questions wrong or miss a question again on second try. At some point do you have to take the whole thing again?

Still not sure what happens if you get more questions wrong or miss a question again on second try. At some point do you have to take the whole thing again?
Just went back to FAA Web Site and found following which doesn't indicate anything about getting every question correct. My exam button turned Blue with one incorrect:

Training Structure
You will open the training on the next page. It will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
When you complete the training, you will return to this website. View the Reference Materials page, Glossary page, and Review page to enable the Exam button.
The multiple-choice online end-of-training knowledge check (exam) must be completed in a single session. If the exam is not completed and graded in 90 minutes or less, you will need to retake the entire exam when you log into the training again.
J

Training Credit
To receive appropriate credit for this training, you must:
  • Have an account on FAASafety.gov
  • Be logged into that account
  • Be enrolled in the training
  • You must visit each chapter of the training, using the navigation bars at the top or bottom of each screen, and complete all material found on each.
NOTE: Some links may take you to other sites or open windows on top of the training window. You will need to return to this training on FAASafety.gov to complete the online exam. This might be as simple as closing all the additional windows. However, you may find it necessary to return to FAASafety.gov, log in again, and then "continue" the training from the Course List.
Upon completion of the review section the "EXAM" button will turn blue indicating you are ready to start the examination. Upon successful completion of the exam you are given the appropriate training credit automatically. Print the training completion certificate and retain it as proof of recency of knowledge.

Isn't it great to not having to pay $150 again, schedule the test, and driving all the way to a local airport to take the test again? I was going to let my certificate lapse, but took the test since it was free. Now it's like the private pilot's license, which you have for the rest of your life as long as you still can fly the planes.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeviKOLOOE