DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got my Air 2, can't fly it yet???

Defiante

Reactions
I received my order from Best Buy. Charged everything up (batteries one by one as posted in other threads.)

I connected the controller to my tablet, but it did not recognize it.

Tried my phone, same deal.

DJI app is updated (Android)

When navigating the menus, I do not see the Air 2 listed there.

Are they not letting us use this until release day???

I received my order from Best Buy. Charged everything up (batteries one by one as posted in other threads.)

I connected the controller to my tablet, but it did not recognize it.

Tried my phone, same deal.

DJI app is updated (Android)

When navigating the menus, I do not see the Air 2 listed there.

Are they not letting us use this until release day???
You need to download the "DJI Fly" app to use the Mavic Air 2.

Reactions: Dbez1 and dcpmark
Thanks,
I was using the same DJI app that I used with my Air.

Looks like the new app is not compatible with my Samsung Tab S2.

The Tab S2 is pretty old and I guess Samsung hasn't kept it up to date with the latest Android releases. You might want to look into installing LineageOS on that Tab S2 to see if it can get you on something more up to date.

Thanks,
I was using the same DJI app that I used with my Air.

Looks like the new app is not compatible with my Samsung Tab S2.
That's a bummer, I use a Galaxy Tab s2 as my main screen on my air as well. I have lineage so will be interesting to see if I can make it work. I love the Tab S2 because it's so light and has a bright screen. I have a S3 but that's heavier. Either way I'll probably start with my Note 10+ until I get more comfortable with flying it.

I was told earlier by the gang at Drone Nerds that the machines could not be activated (maybe registered ??) until Monday, May 11th.

Not sure what that all meant but it seemed Monday was going to be the day that the new Airs would be taking to the sky......

I was told earlier by the gang at Drone Nerds that the machines could not be activated (maybe registered ??) until Monday, May 11th.

Not sure what that all meant but it seemed Monday was going to be the day that the new Airs would be taking to the sky......
That wouldn't have surprised me, but people already got them up in the air. I'll bet Best Buy and Apple were supposed to put holds on the delivery, but probably messed up.

That wouldn't have surprised me, but people already got them up in the air. I'll bet Best Buy and Apple were supposed to put holds on the delivery, but probably messed up.

Best Buy and Apple can tell DJI to sod off and they will ship when they want to.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Best Buy sold 50% of all drones for DJI. And Apple has the prestige and a ton of stores

It’s the smaller retailers who can’t throw their weight around.

So it’s no mistake when the big guys ship early.

Reactions: Matto1981
NO it won't, The 8" Samsung Tab A SM-T290 does work with DJI FLY. It needs to be both a 64 bit architecture, (generally available in the specs), and 64 bit Android, (rarely noted in the specs), You download the apk from DJI and then install it. It won't show up in Playstore.

There is a list of compatible devices somewhere on this board.

Your phone/tablet draws power from the MC when MC is turned on. Picture shows the solution. When the MC is turned off both it and your phone/tablet will charge. (In my case this is QC2.0). The phone/tablet will draw charge from the power bank within the confines of the phone/tablet and power bank limits. Sometimes after turning on the MC you have to unplug the power and re-plug to make the Fly app connection.

An added advantage of Hot Gluing your micro usb to the body of the MC is there will be no risk of damaging the ridiculous interface that DJI made. (Mavic Mini).

I run my Samsung tab 8 at max brightness and it stays charged at 100%. After going through all 3 Mini batteries it's MC is still over half charged. On a bench test of one hour: no battery; MC drained to one light and with power bank to 75%, (three solid lights).

Attachments

• MC OTG.jpg
    MC OTG.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Capt KO
NO it won't, The 8" Samsung Tab A SM-T290 does work with DJI FLY. It needs to be both a 64 bit architecture, (generally available in the specs), and 64 bit Android, (rarely noted in the specs), You download the apk from DJI and then install it. It won't show up in Playstore.

There is a list of compatible devices somewhere on this board.

Your phone/tablet draws power from the MC when MC is turned on. Picture shows the solution. When the MC is turned off both it and your phone/tablet will charge. (In my case this is QC2.0). The phone/tablet will draw charge from the power bank within the confines of the phone/tablet and power bank limits. Sometimes after turning on the MC you have to unplug the power and re-plug to make the Fly app connection.

An added advantage of Hot Gluing your micro usb to the body of the MC is there will be no risk of damaging the ridiculous interface that DJI made. (Mavic Mini).

I run my Samsung tab 8 at max brightness and it stays charged at 100%. After going through all 3 Mini batteries it's MC is still over half charged. On a bench test of one hour: no battery; MC drained to one light and with power bank to 75%, (three solid lights).
Thanks very much!

Samsung phones & tablets have used 64 bit architecture starting in 2014 & predominately since 2015.
There is another reason it doesn't show in Google Play & I suspect it has more to do with security & the operating system used. My late model S2 8 inch is 64bit running Android 7, (Nougat).

Last edited:

They did for me. Arrived in Queens, NYC yesterday where I live, it won’t be delivered until tomorrow. I ordered the fly more combo from Best Buy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs