DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got my Mavic Air 2

JayTea26

Reactions
O.K. Got it yesterday. Charged flight and controller batteries, props installed, firmware updated, compass aligned, registered with FAA, waiting for labels from Amazon, stickers removed, gimbal protector removed, viewed many tutorials, purchased landing pad and installed 256GB Scandisk Extreme, Purchased lightning disk adapter for my iPad to view.

Please help:

1) l can’t find a lanyard type holder/pouch for controller to be hands free when I want.
2) I live in Tucson = HOT and SUNNY/BRIGHT. Any suggestions about this environment?
3) I’m really afraid to take my first flight. Encourage me please?
I needed a hobby. I’m 71 years young and a proud Veteran. So excited!

Reactions: Hauptmann
We all are nervous the first time, just do it, if you get scared let off sticks it will be rock steady waiting for your next command. Soon you'll be flying like a pro, just make sure home point recorded, and settings rite, return to home altitude set above everything around and don't push the batteries to hard yet[emoji6]

Like THE CYBORG said, go to an open field and run through the flight tutorial - it's in the DJI Fly app. That will help you take off, use the flight controls, and land.

O.K. Got it yesterday. Charged flight and controller batteries, props installed, firmware updated, compass aligned, registered with FAA, waiting for labels from Amazon, stickers removed, gimbal protector removed, viewed many tutorials, purchased landing pad and installed 256GB Scandisk Extreme, Purchased lightning disk adapter for my iPad to view.

Please help:

1) l can’t find a lanyard type holder/pouch for controller to be hands free when I want.
2) I live in Tucson = HOT and SUNNY/BRIGHT. Any suggestions about this environment?
3) I’m really afraid to take my first flight. Encourage me please?
I needed a hobby. I’m 71 years young and a proud Veteran. So excited!
Hi Jay, nice to meet you. I also live in Tucson. I was born and raised here. Yes you’re right it is very hot and bright. If there’s anyway I can help you, please let me know. I have several years of experience in flying drones, so I would be very happy to assist you.

Thanks to everyone. Very windy yesterday but I got brave and flew my first time at only 24 feet. I am spending lots of time watching videos. It’s going to be a great hobby for me and my Service Dog. Looking forward to all the features and photography options.

The only thing I can’t find is a holder for my iPad that is made specifically for Air 2. My iPhone will work for now but larger iPad display is best for me.

I found a nice place in Oro Valley to practice. It would be nice to meet others who fly.

Hi Jay, nice to meet you. I also live in Tucson. I was born and raised here. Yes you’re right it is very hot and bright. If there’s anyway I can help you, please let me know. I have several years of experience in flying drones, so I would be very happy to assist you.
Nice to meet you Gary. I’m in Oro Valley and found nice place to practice. It would be nice to fly with you someday.

Hello, JayTea26, and welcome to our Forum from North Texas!

It's great to have youngsters like yourself to join us (I'm 78). The Air 2 looks like an outstanding machine!

PgyTech makes a good tablet holder for the Mavic series. It has a foot which slides into the DJI controller, which should fit the Air 2 controller as well. Contact PgyTech to be sure.

It folds up quite compactly, is well made, and has a hole to which to connect a lanyard. Also, It will accept the PgyTech sun shade to help with visibility in that bright Tucson sun.

My advice to you is to go out and fly. These quads almost fly themselves--in fact they do. You can gain confidence by practicing precision landings in light wind. Try to hit the center of your landing pad every time. You'll surprise yourself how quickly your skill develops. At first, you may tend to "choke" when you you fly in close quarters. For this reason, I recommend prop guards (again, PgyTech) until you gain confidence.

Above all, read your manual and the regs, then fly safe and legal. You'll have questions, of course. But remember, we're here to help when you need us.

Glad to have you as a member!

Hello, JayTea26, and welcome to our Forum from North Texas!

It's great to have youngsters like yourself to join us (I'm 78). The Air 2 looks like an outstanding machine!

PgyTech makes a good tablet holder for the Mavic series. It has a foot which slides into the DJI controller, which should fit the Air 2 controller as well. Contact PgyTech to be sure.

It folds up quite compactly, is well made, and has a hole to which to connect a lanyard. Also, It will accept the PgyTech sun shade to help with visibility in that bright Tucson sun.

My advice to you is to go out and fly. These quads almost fly themselves--in fact they do. You can gain confidence by practicing precision landings in light wind. Try to hit the center of your landing pad every time. You'll surprise yourself how quickly your skill develops. At first, you may tend to "choke" when you you fly in close quarters. For this reason, I recommend prop guards (again, PgyTech) until you gain confidence.

Above all, read your manual and the regs, then fly safe and legal. You'll have questions, of course. But remember, we're here to help when you need us.

Glad to have you as a member!
Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMvK