DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got my Nano Plus. Compared to the Mini 2:

here yuh go. I fee like the lake image may have been slightly OOF though. I think they are actually all a little OOF as it was rather windy and I could use some propeller replacements.

Thank you. Those DNGs are a clear step up in image quality and resolution compared to files from the Mini 2, but it's not a spectacular step up.

I'll be very interested to see what improvements in IQ DJI makes with a Mini 3.

Your RAW file link requests a sign up or login for 1Drive.

OneDrive is installed by default on Windows machines. If you have installed OneDrive, the files he posted are public.

Hadn't heard of file.io... looks pretty good but has 100meg limit per upload it appears. I normally use WeTransfer, 2GB limit per upload on Free acct allows sending 1 link to one or multiple emails.

100 MB is ample for this purpose.

On the Nano+, does it not fly very nice? Slow to respond, not stable?

He's made several comments about the flight characteristics in this thread. Start at the beginning.

OneDrive is installed by default on Windows machines. If you have installed OneDrive, the files he posted are public.

100 MB is ample for this purpose.

He's made several comments about the flight characteristics in this thread. Start at the beginning.
Thanks, although I wasn't referring to just this download, was Informational for usage to OP and other Readers. The One drive reference I gave was what I received.. on a Mac. We all don't use Windows, poor assumption on your part. I have read through the thread, wanted to inquire a bit more... his flight behavior comments were more direct in his response to my questions & appreciated. I think Op's fine with his responses... you can let him drive... thanks.

Last edited:
But I bet it sets the price point for the Mini 3, sadly.
I'd agree... Nano+ a bit pricey, Lite+ may be a consideration. DJI will certainly have a higher price tag on Mini3, probably under Nano+ price due to their higher sales projections than Autel's. Although if they provided nice improvements, I'd be receptive to pay move for a known quality product.

Reactions: PaJi
Considering the RID will not apply to <250g drones it should put them in higher demand and I think they could easily fetch a premium price for an improved Mini 3

Reactions: PaJi
Thanks, although I wasn't referring to just this download, was Informational for usage to OP and other Readers. The One drive reference I gave was what I received.. on a Mac. We all don't use Windows, poor assumption on your part. I have read through the thread, wanted to inquire a bit more... his flight behavior comments were more direct in his response to my questions & appreciated. I think Op's fine with his responses... you can let him drive... thanks.
No assumption at all. You made it sound like the downloads aren't public, when in fact they are. That would be like saying you can't access a Dropbox link because you haven't gone through the steps to access it.

Whatever. Split hairs all day if you like. I have better things to do.

I've been on the verge of buying a Nano+ but I'm mostly interested in stills, and nobody is posting samples! So thanks for posting these, very very helpful Thumbswayup

To be honest those pics have pretty much killed my interest in it - the details are awful, lots of mushy watercolour effect. Might just be the settings in Lightroom though. Video looks amazing but I'm not convinced it's worth twice the price of the Mini 2 for stills.

Don't suppose you'd be willing to share a daytime RAW file I could have a nose at?

PS: I used Capture One for my Mini 2 raws and the difference in detail is insane! Only downside is I had to make custom lens and colour profiles to get decent results. But the results are great:

1AAQRmN.jpeg
There are NO realistic way whatsoever to evaluate and compare pictures from different cameras on the web!! Forget it! Don't be fooled! It all depends how the photo or video is edited. The only way to evaluate the pic is in RAW format and this is not here. Ask for for the RAW to be sent to you and compare youself.

There are NO realistic way whatsoever to evaluate and compare pictures from different cameras on the web!! Forget it! Don't be fooled! It all depends how the photo or video is edited. The only way to evaluate the pic is in RAW format and this is not here. Ask for for the RAW to be sent to you and compare youself.
The OP shared RAW files...

No assumption at all. You made it sound like the downloads aren't public, when in fact they are. That would be like saying you can't access a Dropbox link because you haven't gone through the steps to access it.

Whatever. Split hairs all day if you like. I have better things to do.
Cute... whom spliting hairs?
You're in error...
My comment was "Your RAW file link requests a sign up or login for 1Drive". Meaning sign-up, create acct, etc.
Not indicated "not public".

And... You don't need an account to access a shared Dropbox link... nor a WeTransfer link.
;)Enjoy!

Last edited:
NO, you can't show RAW on internet, they are converted to JPG or similar format
Here's a link back to post #36:

DNG files, shared, on the internet. Amazing :)

Here's a link back to post #36:

DNG files, shared, on the internet. Amazing :)
Is clueless crankery on the internet something new? 😁

In @photo2be 's defence he/she did say you can't "show" RAW on the internet, and this is technically correct. English may not be their 1st language so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt in not catching the subtle difference between "show" and "share".

In @photo2be 's defence he/she did say you can't "show" RAW on the internet, and this is technically correct. English may not be their 1st language so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt in not catching the subtle difference between "show" and "share".
Yep, true. But stark and incorrect posts do rankle. The point is that you can share RAW files for viewing, which the OP helpfully shared.

Thanks for the thread. All the info was very helpful. There were several mentions of Mini 3. Has there been any suggestion from DJI re a release date or are we still in the conjecture stage? Thx.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98