DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS controlling power output between FCC and CE rules

Crouching Leopard

Reactions
I read somewhere that the power output of the Mavic Mini controller varied between full power output for FCC rules, to reduced power out for CE rules countries, and that the output power of the controller was controlled by the GPS coordinates located by the aircraft. I live in Australia which operates somewhere in between FCC and CE rules and am regularly running into signal issues (lots of Aussie bush and forests where I live). I also seem to remember reading somewhere on the forum that there was a version of the DJI Fly app that had the GPS control over power output disabled. perhaps I got this wrong but if it exists I wouldn't mind trying it out in open areas. Anyone know if this mod actually exists and if so, where can I find it.

Thanks in advance

GPS doesn’t directly control the transmit strength. It tells the drone where you are, and the drone software determines which transmit power is allowed for the region the drone is in.​

Lookup “Florin Andries” on FB. He sells a moded Fly App for IOS that enables FCC mode.

Hi

Wanted to buy that app myself but cant open that link, says I dont have permission. Maybe its because Im a lurker and new to posting. Could I pm you?
Hi buddy, you need to enable the 'Mavic Software Mods Forum' option somewhere in your account details to view that thread/forum.

For further details just ping me an email to:

[email protected]

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
If you purchased the mini in an area requiring the lower power, then you don't have the hardware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos