DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS coordinates

Is there anyway to put in a coordinates in the air 3 drone and it will fly to it?
Yes, you can. However, DJI does not make it easy to do so.

When a waypoint mission is configured, the waypoint markers on the map are stored as GPS coordinates in a KMZ file in your flying device. You would need to access that KMZ file, extract the waylines.wpml file, edit the GPS coordinates, re-compress the file, and put it back on your flying device.

An easier way to do this would be to use my “DJI Fly to Litchi Waypoint” converter, edit the Litchi CSV file in Excel, and convert the edited CSV back into a KMZ file using my “Litchi to DJI Fly Waypoint” converter. You will find these utilities on my web site.

On a mission how far away can you set your first waypoint?
Ideally, your first waypoint should be close to your take-off location. Since waypoint heights are relative to your take-off location, setting any waypoint too far away may put your drone at risk unless you are absolutely sure there are no obstacles in the path of your mission at the heights you specify (above take-off). Litchi's maximum distance between take-off and waypoint 1 is 2000m I think. I do not know what DJI Fly's maximum distance is between take-off and waypoint 1.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH