DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Not working

Fastpilot

Reactions
Hello fellas. When I turn my air on, I see NO sattalites on the screen. It is always OPTI mode. I can fly without any problem in this way. I am suspecting about my GPS module is broken. How can I check if the problem is in the module or not. What do you suggest ?

I soldered some cables to battery terminal inside of the drone. ( other ends of battery terminals ) Thoose cables goes to outside. So I can use additional battery in parrallel with original battery. While doing that, drone fall to the ground as twisted ( over the GPS - yes top cover was open - ) from about 30cm height. Probably this happened that time. But I canno be sure it is a broken gps or something else.

Visually it looks fine. How can I test if it is working or not ?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 40
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 34
Turn on the Air without the GPS/compass connected and see what it does, and any error messages.

Do you have a replacement GPS unit you can try?

Turn on the Air without the GPS/compass connected and see what it does, and any error messages.

Do you have a replacement GPS unit you can try?

with or without module, Air's main screen is same. Gps sattelite sign is inactive. Everything else is functioning properly. I dont have replacement module.

Have you determined that the extra battery will provide more flight time despite the extra weight?

we had a damaged gps due to impact. the rear shield was pushed in

symptoms : 0 satellites - no errors
suspect new gps module will help

Have you determined that the extra battery will provide more flight time despite the extra weight?
I am talking for Mavic Air. NONE. Additional batteries will not help. I tried different size and capacity batteries, they dont work. Stay with original.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones