DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Graduated ND filters for Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Classic now available

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
B&H now has graduated ND filters for the Mini 3 Pro and the Mavic 3 Classic!
I've been using PolarPro graduated filters on my Mavic 2 pro and wouldn't be without them. PolarPro decided to abandon the graduated filters and I actually had to get my set from Japan, which I think was the last set available in the world (?). I love them. I have no idea why nobody else came up with that. How often do we have sky over-exposed or ground under-exposed when we expose for the sky? In my experience graduated ND filters largely solved that problem.

The PolarPro filters have been great because they were so subtle that I had to know to look for the difference in top to bottom exposure. I have some Skyreat regular ND filters but never use them as the PolarPro graduated filters do a great job.

I've not had any ND filters for any of my Minis before as I think in general they have limited use. But these? I had to order them to try them.
Again, B&H has them for the Mini 3 and Mavic 3 CLASSIC.

Just thought I'd share.

1677547811605.png

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Excellent!

I am invariably shooting AEB but can see how these could be useful. Thanks for posting.

I am invariably shooting AEB but can see how these could be useful. Thanks for posting.
You are welcome. I'm excited to try these. I'm so spoiled with the PolarPro ones combined with variable aperture of my Mavic 2 P that I haven't ever bought an ND filter for any of my Minis before. I hope to have them by the end of the week.

Under the conditions I have been shooting under with the video gamma set to cine-d that has never been a problem.

Under the conditions I have been shooting under with the video gamma set to cine-d that has never been a problem.
Perhaps. But what if you choose to shoot in normal mode and don't want to mess with color grading or LUTs? I found the PolarPro gradients great in all conditions except for night time. I think I will need to be a bit more selective with the Freewell filters.

I bought these sometime in December.

I would love a set for Mavic 3, but Freewell only makes them for the Classic. strange usage of the word "Classic" being as its the newer model 🤔

FYI Amazon has them for the same $39.

I like this set. It is useful for Mini 3 Pro. I like that they can be rotated 90° to support portrait/landscape shooting.

I am not clear on how the numbers .9 and 1.2 are determined other than higher=darker. I would prefer even darker shading, but they could be more challenging to expose properly.

These are great for photo work and occasional video as long as you maintain static gimbal pitch. No stitched Panoramas - unless you like stripes!

I bought these sometime in December.

I would love a set for Mavic 3, but Freewell only makes them for the Classic. strange usage of the word "Classic" being as its the newer model 🤔

FYI Amazon has them for the same $39.

I like this set. It is useful for Mini 3 Pro. I like that they can be rotated 90° to support portrait/landscape shooting.

I am not clear on how the numbers .9 and 1.2 are determined other than higher=darker. I would prefer even darker shading, but they could be more challenging to expose properly.

These are great for photo work and occasional video as long as you maintain static gimbal pitch. No stitched Panoramas - unless you like stripes!
Classic? I suppose one could make the case that a single lens drone was a "classic" style, perhaps modeled after Coke Classic after they reverted and diverted from the New Coke which had a very short life span(which sucked IMO, and the opinion of others as well). A lot of stuff that comes from China starts out with a Chinese linguistic interpretation of an idea and somehow gets morphed into English.

Yeah, the numerical markings on the filters are unclear. With a Mini 3 the ND portion is more critical as there is no variable aperture as there is on the M3C.

Also, as a side note, I am told that the M3C also has horizontal speed control to in effect dial in tripod mode, but no word if it is available on the original Mavic 3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000